[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek (8 years x $7.25 Million)

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

How this ages will depend a lot on how he plays--which admittedly is like saying water is wet, but we saw two very different Hroneks this year. 1st Half Hronek was worth $8M. Second half Hronek was worth $5M. We'll see which one we get.

That said, with the length of the contract and the ever rising cap, this will likely seem like a pretty solid deal in the years to come. Despite the length, he'll still be just 34 at the end of this deal, so not too old and should still be capable.

I think the production dropped for a lot of players after the all star break 

Just now, HarbularyBattery said:

im pretty sure we're letting him go. 

if its true we're going after guentzel, and we decided to keep hronek, 5m to zadorov is too rich

Brenden Dillon is coming back to his hometown, book it

Depends if they can move Mik 

31 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Just wanted to point out... remember the conversation about how negotiations start high for the player and low for the team?  Yeah... this is what the result is.  Can't believe people don't understand how a negotiation works.

as per your signature... you nailed on your prediction for this contract

now i hope you're wrong on Zadorov prediction and he signs for 5 not 5.75

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

How this ages will depend a lot on how he plays--which admittedly is like saying water is wet, but we saw two very different Hroneks this year. 1st Half Hronek was worth $8M. Second half Hronek was worth $5M. We'll see which one we get.

That said, with the length of the contract and the ever rising cap, this will likely seem like a pretty solid deal in the years to come. Despite the length, he'll still be just 34 at the end of this deal, so not too old and should still be capable.

That's a silly narrative. Most of our players production dropped off in the second half. I don't know if anyone remembers the mini slump we went into. We were cheating for offence and Tocchet had to get the guys to get back to defensive hockey. Way less blowouts and more one goal games. That's obviously going to affect offensive stats.

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

Depends if they can move Mik 

Even with Mik gone, we wont have the space for zadorov. 

im assuming they're going to go hunting for a Lindholm-Lite, and take a run at Stephenson or Monahan. 3 deep down the middle, they already told us thats how they want to run it.

Just now, Devron said:

I think the production dropped for a lot of players after the all star break 

For sure, it was somewhat a whole team issue. If he can put up 50 points and be solid defensively, I'm happy with this deal. If he can channel more of 1st half Hronek and get to 60-70, I'll be thrilled.

• Like 4

Just now, bh90 said:

as per your signature... you nailed on your prediction for this contract

now i hope you're wrong on Zadorov prediction and he signs for 5 not 5.75

I think I'm wrong for the other 3 TBH lol.  IF the Canucks sign Zadorov, I see it having to come under $5.5M.  We can't afford $5.75M for Zadorov. 

Lindholm is as good as gone.  I'd be surprised if Joshua returned.

• Cheers 1

Just now, RWMc1 said:

That's a silly narrative. Most of our players production dropped off in the second half. I don't know if anyone remembers the mini slump we went into. We were cheating for offence and Tocchet had to get the guys to get back to defensive hockey. Way less blowouts and more one goal games. That's obviously going to affect offensive stats.

Almost everyone dropped off, yes, but Hronek dropped off harder than most. I'm hopeful it was just a rough patch and we can see more of 1st half Hronek.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Devron said:

I definitely think Lindholm is walking. And fair enough, I don’t want another LE little things. He will be overpaid 

Stephenson is fast and extremely skilled, and a great PKer, he would be a much lower risk option for us in the 5m$ range, im crossing my fingers that they go get him too

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Scott72 said:

This management group is phenomenal. I like how they are setting culture in the system not just in the dressing room among players but also in terms of salary. This is what good organizations that go for cup runs and stay competitive for multiple years do and have done in the past. Examples are Boston & Pittsburgh. 

Good on organization by setting the bar of "You can earn more on some other team but on this team, you cannot earn more than our best defence man aka captain of this team". 

Apparently the players have been talking to the UFA’s as well urging them to take a discount to stay. 

The team wants to stick together, which helps and also suggests its a tight group, which you always need to win a cup 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Almost everyone dropped off, yes, but Hronek dropped off harder than most. I'm hopeful it was just a rough patch and we can see more of 1st half Hronek.

Or maybe focusing on defence took precedence over padding his stats.

• Cheers 2