[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek (8 years x $7.25 Million)

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

For sure, it was somewhat a whole team issue. If he can put up 50 points and be solid defensively, I'm happy with this deal. If he can channel more of 1st half Hronek and get to 60-70, I'll be thrilled.

He’s also great insurance for the pp if god forbid Quinn gets hurt. Different style but he can QB a first PP unit 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Stephenson is fast and extremely skilled, and a great PKer, he would be a much lower risk option for us in the 5m$ range, im crossing my fingers that they go get him too

Stephenson definitely has a great skillset as you just mentioned, But isn't there some concerns that his good offensive production in recent years has been largely a byproduct of playing with Mark Stone?. 

Glad to have him back. Also glad it's not $8M+.

A touch more than what I personally value him at, but he is a true top 4 defenseman who has shown good chemistry with Hughes. Hopefully he keeps getting better and this contract moves from a fair price to a bargain!

12 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

QH is happy, great AAV, takes him to 34 yoa...great deal

Oh there is no doubt Quinn Hughes is a happy camper now. He's probably thinking " payoffs once again ".And - - - - - - - - -

nhDYa7VQ?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Rip The Mesh
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, SuchaNuxtalgia said:

Like that this provides the concise(comparable) return for ol'BoHo. Would've been an embarrassing waste, had this asset moved on, or been lost in a poorly executed, rushed transaction.

Easy to track Hronek & Ratu vs BoMoneybags.

Raty should get a look this year and if not ready, based on this trajectory should be in the league the following. It should end up being a great trade for us. 

Edited by ArmchairGM22
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Provost said:

Slightly more than I was hoping, slightly less than what he could have probably gotten.

He definitely had to consider the risk of not signing now.  He likely gets traded and could Klingberg himself by having a bad year.  A career year beside a Norris candidate is about as ideal a situation as you can get going into a contract negotiation.

I Klingberged myself last night with my wife out of town and enjoyed it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SuchaNuxtalgia said:

Like that this provides the concise(comparable) return for ol'BoHo. Would've been an embarrassing waste, had this asset moved on, or been lost in a poorly executed, rushed transaction.

Easy to track Hronek & Ratu vs BoMoneybags.

We got the better player at a lower price. AND we got a prospect?? Nice nice!

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The only issue I have with signing Zadorov to a big top 4 deal is finding a partner for him.  Who does he play with?  Or do we play him on the right side?  The Soucy-Myers pairing seems perfect for the 3rd pairing.  Does Juulsen step in now?

…. I think Zadorov comes in at 5.2 x 6or7yrs.

I think that’s fair value for his potential and as the cap rises , better for us.

Honestly ,  nothing wrong with the way Juulsens been playing with limited minutes.

Its time to let the reigns loose and see if he can run.

Dillon might make a solid Depth D ,  especially for those Oiler games ! 😉 

2x2 for Myers and Dillon ?

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Raty should get a look this year and if not ready, based on this trajectory should be in the league the following. It should end up being a great trade for us. 

Absolutely..also like how they cleared the stage for EP40 & JT to run the show. Bo was a good bloke, but his imagination got distorted in about 2,000,000 ways!

Considering that Hronek is 26, a RD, and is known asset to us, it's great to lock him up for the long term. Top 4 RD are tough to come by in the league and now we've got our top RD locked up.

This can also likely help management with some more clarity on numbers with remaining cap and what else they need to go get now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

…. I think Zadorov comes in at 5.2 x 6or7yrs.

I think that’s fair value for his potential and as the cap rises , better for us.

Honestly ,  nothing wrong with the way Juulsens been playing with limited minutes.

Its time to let the reigns loose and see if he can run.

Dillon might make a solid Depth D ,  especially for those Oiler games ! 😉 

2x2 for Myers and Dillon ?

Dillon's good though, i don't see him getting less than Soucy. 

if we bring back Z i just don't see us signing Dillon but, if no Z than Dillon makes a lot of sense for our team

Just now, bh90 said:

Dillon's good though, i don't see him getting less than Soucy. 

if we bring back Z i just don't see us signing Dillon but, if no Z than Dillon makes a lot of sense for our team

or maybe it’s Myers who is out ?

People don't understand that Hronek played a different game here than in Detroit. There were different expectations. Especially with D as a priority. His shot was also used differently. He also wasn't on the first unit PP. 

What we did see is that he has more dimensions to his game than he did in Detroit. I can't wait to see more consistency in his game. 

• Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Stephenson definitely has a great skillset as you just mentioned, But isn't there some concerns that his good offensive production in recent years has been largely a byproduct of playing with Mark Stone?. 

could be yea but its not like hes gonna be beside duds

he'll have Garland on his wing

3 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

We got the better player at a lower price. AND we got a prospect?? Nice nice!

Indeed, tidy bit of work to get the better of league-chums like LouLam & StevieY. Hard to imagine what would happen to our previous mgmt in such scenario.

• Cheers 1

I feel like Big Z is gone unless he comes in way lower than expected.  The money it would cost to sign Big Z as a LHD could better be utilized in the UFA market this year to lock in another top tier RHD.

Check it out...

Hoglander-Petey-Guentzel

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-Blueger-Garland

PDG-Aman-Karlsson

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-DeMelo

Forbort-Myers

image.thumb.png.995756da3837a273bca53d332d7b1ad1.png

• Like 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

or maybe it’s Myers who is out ?

possibly but than you'll have Hughes, Zad, Soucy, Dillon as LD with Hronek/Juulsen on RD

just doesn't seem like a balaced cap allocation and Tocc/Foote have gone on record on how they believe their D should play on their strong side.

unless the plan is to have Hughes / Zadorov pairing and than you can have a Dillon - Hronek pairing.

Myers played great for us though in the playoffs. not sure i'm ready to let him go...