[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek (8 years x $7.25 Million)

19 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Stephenson is fast and extremely skilled, and a great PKer, he would be a much lower risk option for us in the 5m$ range, im crossing my fingers that they go get him too

Agreed. There will be good players available from buyouts as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

Well what should have happened was probably signing Bo Horvat in the summer before his last year under contract started. He was a 50+ point captain material center man who was good defensively. If they’d have offered him like 6.5 to 6.75 mill a year for 8 years he would have signed. At the time they were rumoured to be offering him 5.25 mill a year. It wasn’t until halfway through the season when he was putting up incredible numbers did we start to offer him a reasonable contract and then he was looking more like 8 million a season was a possibility and we were priced out. Wouldn’t have needed to trade for Lindholm and just use those assets to have gotten Hronek. We’d have a good defensive point producing center man locked up for under 7 million. 

We're rewinding too far back in time to play out that alternate universe. Need to time the lightning strike at "Enchantment Under The Sea" dance night, with Spielberg's camera.

This season revealed it all worked out, rather swimmingly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

im pretty sure we're letting him go. 

if its true we're going after guentzel, and we decided to keep hronek, 5m to zadorov is too rich

Brenden Dillon is coming back to his hometown, book it

All depends on other moves. If we can do a deal to move out Mikheyev, even if we had to retain 1 million, then bringing Zadorov back is doable as well.

If we take LTIR into account, we still have about 19.3 million in space.

4 minutes ago, rmok said:

uh.. they have over 19m in cap right now with LTIR. With mik gone its almost 25 million. Thats more than enough for Zads, guetzel or another winger and a couple more pieces. 

youre forgetting we need to ice a roster with 22/23 players

add in the 1m per warm body cost and trust me we run out of room very fast. With Zadorov and Guentzel, you have 9 million with which you need: a 3C, a 3rd line winger, a 2nd pair RD, and a 3rd pair RD

3rd Pair RD-  Myers (2.5m minimum)

Now you've got 6.5m for a 3C, a 3W, and a 2nd pair RD, its not happening. 

image.thumb.png.fa72d7d9ffb2651e0ccd36049f720499.png

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

I wonder what the reason for 0 SB in 26-27. Just seems weird. 

probably because they're giving him 32% of his total contract value in the first 25% of his term

so year 3 is a way for Canucks to recoup some cash vs. cap

teams have a cap structure but, they also have a salary/cash structure

however, this is another deal signed by this management that is front loaded (i.e. Petterson, Miller, Soucy, Hronek). Financially it makes total sense and it's the benefit of being a cash-rich team vs. a Anaheim.

This should be an advatange if we want Guentzel. Just front load the heck out of the contract.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

We’re planning to put him on LTIR that entire year just like Veg- AHEM! Err… I mean… what?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

youre forgetting we need to ice a roster with 22/23 players

add in the 1m per warm body cost and trust me we run out of room very fast. With Zadorov and Guentzel, you have 9 million with which you need: a 3C, a 3rd line winger, a 2nd pair RD, and a 3rd pair RD

3rd Pair RD-  Myers (2.5m minimum)

Now you've got 6.5m for a 3C, a 3W, and a 2nd pair RD, its not happening. 

image.thumb.png.fa72d7d9ffb2651e0ccd36049f720499.png

i'd rather invest in high-end talent and dumpster dive for cheap effective 3rd and 4th lines throughout the season than have an average line up from top to bottom.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think it's linked to the CBA expiring then, so it's in anticipation of a potential lockout. I could be wrong, but I think that's why they said Petey did that.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I did!  Saw it over a month ago! 😆

We both did. Well over a month ago, rocking back and forth in a straightjacket, chanting Hronek 7.25, Hronek 7.25, Hronek 7.25 over and over on a daily basis. 😉

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Check out my signature 😉 

Updated my signature for today's news...

Added Guentzel and Zadorov as hopeful signings with Vancouver.

Thinking Lindholm and Joshua will be gone.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Who here remembers media saying that he was going to be over 8 million???

Lots of egg of some posters faces here too. Hronek took less to stay.

We stole Hronek from Yzerboy and now signed him to a long term team friendly contract right through his prime years. We win!!!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The only issue I have with signing Zadorov to a big top 4 deal is finding a partner for him.  Who does he play with?  Or do we play him on the right side?  The Soucy-Myers pairing seems perfect for the 3rd pairing.  Does Juulsen step in now?

I think he does...and probably to play with Z (if they can sign him)

However, if that happens, I don't think you really have a 2nd and 3rd pairing....both of those units probably get similar minutes....

Just now, RupertKBD said:

I think he does...and probably to play with Z (if they can sign him)

However, if that happens, I don't think you really have a 2nd and 3rd pairing....both of those units probably get similar minutes....

Yeah, I think that is the structure PA/JR are building.  A top pair, and 2 pairs that play around the same minutes.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Updated my signature for today's news...

Added Guentzel and Zadorov as hopeful signings with Vancouver.

Thinking Lindholm and Joshua will be gone.

It seems like JR/PA have a pecking order for signings. Petey and now Hronek. I wonder if we trade for Geuntzel’s rights now and sign him? Get him done and then get Big Z? 

• Like 2

In the moment during the playoffs I was def emotionally prioritizing Zadorov over Hronek and open to the idea of trading him for assets and replacing him in free agency.

BUT this was only if he was stubborn in wanting this $8M+ deal and the rational side of me knew keeping him was very important to our team.

At his age, with he cap rising and having him locked in for 8 years there is lots of time for this deal to age very very well.

Happy we have him long term at an affordable aav.

If you value him at $6.5-6.75 as a dman. You give him the 10% premium for being rhd and thats pretty spot on for fair value. 

I wanted to get him for $7M but I wont lose any sleep over the $250K.

Now Guentzel is priority number 1.

After that it is Dillon +  Penalty Killing / C Depth with speed and size.

• Like 1