Stonehenge Vandalized By The Stop Oil Idiots

Sabrefan1

3 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

You need to take some history classes. The industrial revolution began in the mid 18th century.

Archaeologists believe that Stonehenge was constructed in several phases from around 3100 BC to 1600 BC, with the circle of large sarsen stones placed between 2600 BC and 2400 BC

I'm starting to think that I'm the only one who thinks that she was being sarcastic...  lol

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

They're all Eco-Terrorists! They should be dealt with appropriately! 

I badly want to see them try to do this crap in China.  There's a reason why they won't.  Friggin' cowards.

3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

These asshats must understand that this actually has a negative response to their cause by most people right? 

One of their spokespeople was on Piers Morgan's UK talk show, and Morgan in no uncertain terms told him that.  The spokesperson didn't care.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They really need to start imprisoning these people.

The biggest irony here is that even powdered paints use petrochemicals and coal/tar as ingredients.

Edit: Orange cornflower. I'll give them credit they did their research.

Edited by DSVII
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hammertime said:

That doesn't look like any paint I'm familiar with. Is it chalk dust or something? 

Orange cornflower. It'll wash off in the rain. 

That's the thing with the reactions to these protests, people freak out in the comments and call for decades of prison - I see one reply calls for the death penalty! - but the protests have never, ever actually damaged the target. They glue their hand to a wall beside it, throw paint on the glass protecting it, etc. but purposely never damage the art or whatever itself.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, 112 said:

Stonehenge is the beginning of industry in England. We should have never built structures in the first place.

I sure as hell hope you're joking here. In an age where you have access to technology and you're posting online here, which signifies privilege, one does NOT have an excuse to be this wrong about history.

• Haha 1

Just now, PureQuickness said:

I sure as hell hope you're joking here. In an age where you have access to technology and you're posting online here, which signifies privilege, one does NOT have an excuse to be this wrong about history.

Sarcasm is dead nowadays isn't it.

• Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

One of their spokespeople was on Piers Morgan's UK talk show, and Morgan in no uncertain terms told him that.  The spokesperson didn't care.

Any publicity is good publicity. 

It's like realizing (most of) the right wing politicians and media aren't actually that stupid to believe the crap they spew to the general public. In this case though it's them being smart enough to not actually vandalize anything worth something, and knowing the majority of the people that will reply aren't smart enough to realize that. The knee-jerk reactions bring the most attention to these events though, just like with the right wingers farming outrage, it's just not the protesters' target audience.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Orange cornflower. It'll wash off in the rain. 

That's the thing with the reactions to these protests, people freak out in the comments and call for decades of prison - I see one reply calls for the death penalty! - but the protests have never, ever actually damaged the target. They glue their hand to a wall beside it, throw paint on the glass protecting it, etc. but purposely never damage the art or whatever itself.

Probably the smart way to go about it, there's any publicity is good publicity and then there's actively making enemies. It's not about destroying x or y, it's about the publicity. 

They'll get whatever punishment they get, but their actions are still drawing attention to their cause I'd reckon. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Probably the smart way to go about it, there's any publicity is good publicity and then there's actively making enemies. It's not about destroying x or y, it's about the publicity. 

They'll get whatever punishment they get, but their actions are still drawing attention to their cause I'd reckon. 

And I'm all for the punishment fitting the crime. There are always consequences for these protests. If anything though, this is less of an issue than causing a museum to have to close off a section and have to replace the glass protecting a painting. 

And then there's this: 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They really need to start imprisoning these people.

Yeah, I've said this before....although I agree somewhat with the message, the method these clowns use does not further the cause. In fact, I believe it pushes public opinion further away...

To your point about harsher penalties, I'm not sure what the legal implications would be, but whatever consequences these people have been facing in the past has definitely not acted as any kind of deterrent....

• chaos 1