Stonehenge Vandalized By The Stop Oil Idiots

Sabrefan1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

The first thing I think of when concerned about the environment is Stonehenge. 

....and the first thing I think of when I hear "Stonehenge" is this:

image.gif.faff125beb3d328352471c2669f0c31c.gif

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

And I'm all for the punishment fitting the crime. There are always consequences for these protests. If anything though, this is less of an issue than causing a museum to have to close off a section and have to replace the glass protecting a painting. 

And then there's this: 

Exactly. This will get some folks upset, sure, but it'll wash away and life will go on. 

I dunno, I understand folks saying this will piss off the folks who'd normally support them, but I reckon a lot of the folks with somewhat similar views will probably still agree with the cause even if they find some of the methods questionable. I think that part is why doing no actual permanent harm is so important. 

Something like this is going to get publicity at the end of the day, waving flags and chanting in a square, maybe not so much. I understand why a more radical approach is considered. If nothing else, it's gotten people talking.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm starting to think that I'm the only one who thinks that she was being sarcastic...  lol

Nope. I thought it was pretty obvious....and funny....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm out of stone jokes.  I blew my wad on that one.  😂

Guess that leaves you between a rock and a hard place....

.....I'll show myself out....

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

And I'm all for the punishment fitting the crime. There are always consequences for these protests. If anything though, this is less of an issue than causing a museum to have to close off a section and have to replace the glass protecting a painting. 

And then there's this: 

Suffragettes were awesome....They gave us this gem:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Exactly. This will get some folks upset, sure, but it'll wash away and life will go on. 

I dunno, I understand folks saying this will piss off the folks who'd normally support them, but I reckon a lot of the folks with somewhat similar views will probably still agree with the cause even if they find some of the methods questionable. I think that part is why doing no actual permanent harm is so important. 

Something like this is going to get publicity at the end of the day, waving flags and chanting in a square, maybe not so much. I understand why a more radical approach is considered. If nothing else, it's gotten people talking.

Because they also destroy art and other things being utter twats.

22 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Art is subjective.

If it's a Ken Darby "The Goalie" I'd be outraged.

If it's that tricolour painting that was supposed to be worth $1 million by the Federal Government to France, they probably threw it in the trash bin when they got home.

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Art is subjective.

If it's that tricolour painting that was supposed to be worth $1 million by the Federal Government to France, they probably threw it in the trash bin when they got home.

They legit hit hundreds of years old masters' work. 

• Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Which art that they've targeted has been physically damaged?

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Art is subjective.

Voice of Fire:

image.thumb.jpeg.fd7ac3220c97e2d5930e59abb81807cd.jpeg

....and as a musician, I'd say, "A bit pitchy, Dawg".....

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Cheers 1

I'll never understand people who are "for the environment" destroying the environment. Might as well blow up an oil pipeline and create massive environment damage while you're at it. 🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

The idiots who support them will find them now.

While an active, much larger, opposition against their group forms. There's more than 1 type of "awareness" coming out of this.

Edited by The Lock