[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Mark Friedman (1 year x $775k)

1 minute ago, tas said:

it's been clarified already. I won't be repeating myself. I lost interest in the subject hours ago. if you want clarity, click the little arrow link at the bottom that takes you backwards in time and read the conversations I already had. 

Sure sure.

You've repeated yourself for most of this thread

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

I'm sorry for your affliction. Is it an eyesight thing?

I'm deducing, inferring, assuming, and otherwise concluding that there's very little risk of you contributing anything I consider of value here in the future and as such, I'll just go ahead and treat myself to not having to read it. 

Just now, tas said:

I'm deducing, inferring, assuming, and otherwise concluding that there's very little risk of you contributing anything I consider of value here in the future and as such, I'll just go ahead and treat myself to not having to read it. 

I feel the same way about your silly premise. Except I will continue to read as I am not afraid of my opinion being scrutinized.

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I was like no way this is 12 pages of talking about a 7th/8th defencemen haha 

Most threads go off on tangents. This one stayed on the tangent.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I've learned a valuable lesson today: don't ever state an opinion or feeling or interpretation of something on the internet unless you're prepared to have 20 strangers try to convince you that you're wrong. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Déjà Vu said:

100 bucks says big Z walks in FA esp if we go after Jake Guentzel , all rumors on the web saying we are /shrug

what does that have to do with mark friedman?

21 minutes ago, Déjà Vu said:

100 bucks says big Z walks in FA esp if we go after Jake Guentzel , all rumors on the web saying we are /shrug

$75 says, PLD gets traded before the TLD.

.... also, if you are travelling in your car at 99.99999999999999999999% the speed of light through the vacuum of space, and turn on your headlights, what happens?

in equally thought provoking topics, Would you rather be poor and honest or rich and dishonest? How about would you rather be a ninja or a pirate?

2 hours ago, tas said:

based on the friedman signing, I'm inferring that they've tabled their best offers to the higher priorities and they have not been accepted, and they have no intention to budge. 

Holy shit I had to go back 5 pages.

Why on earth would you infer that? Friedman is a league min signing. Players who can play games don't get any cheaper.

Essentially to me it says their raking in every cent to try to sign guys and make deals so when they say it's their best offer to say Joshua they aren't an extra 225k apart. The more guys on league min in those 13th fwd 7/8 D who can actually play the better. Those 225/250Ks add up when you're against the cap. The Hoglander, PDG, Aman, Podkolzin deals are so hugely important. Pius Suter is a gold mine @ 1.6 mil. This is your bottom 6 well 5 but you get it. They overpaid on Mik by about 2m -2.5m. Hoglander scored 24 in his lieu, Suter play'd first line. PDG led the PP in the playoffs. 

LFG Podz, Juulsen, Friedman, Aman!!!!!!  Guys like you are the reason we can have nice things. There are only 60 minutes and if they play 10 well even in half the games that's a huge boost for our top 10.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Hammertime said:

Holy shit I had to go back 5 pages.

Why on earth would you infer that? Friedman is a league min signing. Players who can play games don't get any cheaper.

Essentially to me it says their raking in every cent to try to sign guys and make deals so when they say it's their best offer to say Joshua they aren't an extra 225k apart. The more guys on league min in those 13th fwd 7/8 D who can actually play the better. Those 225/250Ks add up when you're against the cap. The Hoglander, PDG, Aman, Podkolzin deals are so hugely important. Pius Suter is a gold mine @ 1.6 mil. This is your bottom 6 well 5 but you get it. They overpaid on Mik by about 2m -2.5m. Hoglander scored 24 in his lieu, Suter play'd first line. PDG led the PP in the playoffs. 

LFG Podz, Juulsen, Friedman, Aman!!!!!!  Guys like you are the reason we can have nice things. There are only 60 minutes and if they play 10 well even in half the games that's a huge boost for our top 10.  

oy vey. 

Just now, Rocket-68 said:

.... also, if you are travelling in your car at 99.99999999999999999999% the speed of light through the vacuum of space, and turn on your headlights, what happens?

in equally thought provoking topics, Would you rather be poor and honest or rich and dishonest? How about would you rather be a ninja or a pirate?

Oooh! I know the space one! A trick answer, and the actual observer point of view answer.

The poor and honest, or opposite is tough, because how dishonest are you to be? Always, with everything? Or slightly, but in a positive and uplifting way? Could one avoid everyone and everything and be isolated?

But most difficult is choosing between pirate or ninja! Are they good or bad pirates and ninjas?

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Oooh! I know the space one! A trick answer, and the actual observer point of view answer. ... very good

The poor and honest, or opposite is tough, because how dishonest are you to be? Always, with everything? Or slightly, but in a positive and uplifting way? Could one avoid everyone and everything and be isolated?

But most difficult is choosing between pirate or ninja! Are they good or bad pirates and ninjas?

SpongeBOB the Pirate by m0rphzilla on DeviantArt

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Some math indicates that space is not a vacuum and suggests that it is an Nth dimensional super-fluid.

1 hour ago, Devron said:

For some this is the Hronek haters recovery thread.

It's like the on-deck circle waiting for the Zad signing. 😉

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Some math indicates that space is not a vacuum and suggests that it is an Nth dimensional super-fluid.

I see your bullshido math and raise you a deGrasse Tyson

image.gif.070811ff6a76edd507341b74c5cc436e.gif

Edited by Rocket-68