[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Mark Friedman (1 year x $775k)

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, I don't get it either. Zad could sign here tomorrow or after July1, or go elsewhere after July 1 (or before if we move his rights) and none of those potential outcomes have F-all to do with signing Freidman today.

PA (picking up phone): Zeke! Get your Bolshevik ass in here!!! .... (yes, he isn't a Communist and I know what Holodomor means as my ancestors lived through it so hold your witty retorts! Jokes people, Jokes)

Zeke (rolling up sporting an authentic Frank-Lucas-goes-to-the-fights-ensemble): Yes boss?!?

PA (smoking a 18" Cohiba blowing smoke rings at the NO SMOKING sign): I am trading your negotiation rights to every team willing to throw me anything from hookers through the window to a 2nd round draft pick. So, here is where we are comfortable in signing you. Go forth and prosper. If you aren't happy with what the other teams are offering you (*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*) circle back and you may find a contract ready to sign come early July.

Zeke: You got it boss.

Viola, Zeke signs PA's contract on July 5th and the Canucks get a boatload for the privilege of Zeke giving fashion lessons for a couple of weeks to a few NHL teams. Happy Days all around. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tas said:

those are called ballpark hypotheticals. is this your first human interaction?

Yes, it has enabled me to see how you are making shit up and twisting things to fit you narrative. You make less and less sense, but yet keep doubling down. Keyboard warrior style! Perhaps you should expand your human interactions to beyond the computer? Though, one does kind of have to admire your persistence.

For instance, if this is so well known information, why would Myers be worried about leaking it? You contradict yourself repeatedly.

At this point it's amusing watching you troll yourself. 

3 minutes ago, Kenins said:

He might love long walks on the seawall, but zero chance he's leaving 12 million dollars on the table. 

I guess we'll see with that one too. 

he's a family man, and being close to his home base seems very important to him. he's also made a ton of money already. 

you could certainly be right, but I'd take the other side of the bet. 

1 minute ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Yes, it has enabled me to see how you are making shit up and twisting things to fit you narrative. You make less and less sense, but yet keep doubling down. Keyboard warrior style! Perhaps you should expand your human interactions to beyond the computer? Though, one does kind of have to admire your persistence.

For instance, if this is so well known information, why would Myers be worried about leaking it? You contradict yourself repeatedly.

At this point it's amusing watching you troll yourself. 

you're moving goalposts, friend. it's common knowledge how badly myers wants to stay in van. the details of a worked out handshake agreement to do so are a very different thing. 

why are you being so antagonistic? why is it so important to you that I have the same opinion as you?

therapy might help. 

8 minutes ago, tas said:

it's both in my opinion. because the ball that's in the players court is the same one that has already been rejected, which is why there isn't a deal signed, right?

of course these players could still sign. but I don't believe that allvin believes they will. 

This is my last post to you but being honst.... I think you're letting the media trade talks and rumours get to you a little bit. which is in turn skewing your logic. Keep in mind, people thought they were reading between the lines when they thought Hronek was leaving, or that Pettersson wasn't going to resign. It's such a meaningless term when it's used by everyone, including the MAGA crowd. lol

I tend to think of "reading between the lines" as overthinking and overthinking... typically ends up incorrect. I think you're trying to connect 2 dots where there's a lot more dots in between that are obscured from your vision.

In the end though, all it's going to take it 1 signing between now and July 1st to prove you wrong anyway.

Edited by The Lock

1 minute ago, tas said:

I guess we'll see with that one too. 

he's a family man, and being close to his home base seems very important to him. he's also made a ton of money already. 

you could certainly be right, but I'd take the other side of the bet. 

You are drastically overestimating the implication of a hometown discount. A hometown discount would be like taking 3 x 3, instead of 3.5 x 3.

Literally no one in the world is looking at 2 contracts where the difference is 12 million dollars, and thinking about there favorite sushi bar or whatever...

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

This is my last post to you but being honst.... I think you're letting the media trade talks and rumours get to you a little bit. which is in turn skewing your logic. Keep in mind, people thought they were reading between the lines when they thought Hronek was leaving, or that Pettersson wasn't going to resign. It's such a meaningless term when it's used by everyone, including the MAGA crowd. lol

I tend to think of "reading between the lines" as overthinking and overthinking... typically ends up incorrect. I think you're trying to connect 2 dots where there's a lot more dots in between that are obscured from your vision.

In the end though, all it's going to take it 1 signing between now and July 1st to prove you wrong anyway.

sure thing, hoss. 

the wildest part of this is that there's nothing to prove wrong. I didn't say "this is how it is and what's going to happen". I explained how I was reading a situation. and then for 10 pages (and counting) a bunch of people tried to convince me that their opinion was righter than my opinion. 

it's positively asinine. 

9 minutes ago, tas said:

it's both in my opinion. because the ball that's in the players court is the same one that has already been rejected, which is why there isn't a deal signed, right?

of course these players could still sign. but I don't believe that allvin believes they will. 

I get what you’re saying but that still sounds like a whole lot of conclusions to draw from one minor signing.  

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, tas said:

you're moving goalposts, friend. it's common knowledge how badly myers wants to stay in van. the details of a worked out handshake agreement to do so are a very different thing. 

why are you being so antagonistic? why is it so important to you that I have the same opinion as you?

therapy might help. 

It's hard to know where the goalposts are when you just make them up as you go. So play on in your fantasy land, as close as you may think it is to reality.

And, because you're a clown, you're funny! Zadorov says...

3 minutes ago, Kenins said:

You are drastically overestimating the implication of a hometown discount. A hometown discount would be like taking 3 x 3, instead of 3.5 x 3.

Literally no one in the world is looking at 2 contracts where the difference is 12 million dollars, and thinking about there favorite sushi bar or whatever...

alas, you're entitled to believe what you want and I'll continue doing the same. you have no more evidence or information than I do and thus, your opinion of things does nothing to sway me. I'm a self-assured person. 

1 minute ago, Baratheon said:

I get what you’re saying but that still sounds like a whole lot of conclusions to draw from one minor signing.  

Give them an inch, they will take a mile. | Funny cartoon quotes, Sarcastic quotes funny, Me ...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Baratheon said:

you're not wrong. but so what? why can't i draw conclusions for myself to inform my expectations? why do a dozen people need to spend a couple hundred posts trying to convince me otherwise?

people need to do some reflecting. 

3 minutes ago, tas said:

sure thing, hoss. 

the wildest part of this is that there's nothing to prove wrong. I didn't say "this is how it is and what's going to happen". I explained how I was reading a situation. and then for 10 pages (and counting) a bunch of people tried to convince me that their opinion was righter than my opinion. 

it's positively asinine. 

So why do you keep saying "we shall see"? 

• Cheers 1

Just now, tas said:

sure thing, hoss. 

it's positively asinine. 

Okay, maybe this is my last post to you. lol

I'm not meaning to getting after you either to be honest. My goal was to provide logic against what you were thinking. I might have been a little annoyed with your initial posts to me. I think that's understandable in itself though.

I realise now that you are not making a conclusion (at least I'm hoping not) but more of a hypothesis. It doesn't mean I agree with the thought process of it. I still don't see how it's logical either, but it's still a hypothesis and nothing more.

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

So why do you keep saying "we shall see"? 

because we will. I'm not saying it in the "we'll see that i'm right" sense, I'm posting in the "we've both presented our opinions on things and we'll see how things play out" sense. 

14 minutes ago, tas said:

therapy might help. 

At no point did I say you have to have the same opinion as me. I am merely pointing out how you clearly make stuff up, twist things and contradict yourself, then just keep doubling down.

Lol, I don't even have an opinion here. I am more of an observer for things of which I have no control. But, that doesn't mean that the bullshit detector is deactivated. You are treating your opinions as facts.

It would appear to be you that is bent on having people agree with your opinion, since you are arguing with what? like 20 people or more now? Hence why I called you persistent.

Edited by Drive-By Body Pierce

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Okay, maybe this is my last post to you. lol

I'm not meaning to getting after you either to be honest. My goal was to provide logic against what you were thinking. I might have been a little annoyed with your initial posts to me. I think that's understandable in itself though.

I realise now that you are not making a conclusion (at least I'm hoping not) but more of a hypothesis. It doesn't mean I agree with the thought process of it. I still don't see how it's logical either, but it's still a hypothesis and nothing more.

nobody in this thread has presented a single thing that I didn't already consider before making my initial list post. 

sure, hypothesis works. or just my own drawn conclusion. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

because we will. I'm not saying it in the "we'll see that i'm right" sense, I'm posting in the "we've both presented our opinions on things and we'll see how things play out" sense. 

We would see how things play out regardless of your flimsy premise.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, tas said:

you're not wrong. but so what? why can't i draw conclusions for myself to inform my expectations? why do a dozen people need to spend a couple hundred posts trying to convince me otherwise?

people need to do some reflecting. 

I am seeking to understand your opinion.  I am also curious if you truly believe it or have simply dug your heels in.  I’m not trying to convince you of anything.

I won’t speak for anyone else.

2 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

At no point did I say you have to have the same opinion as me. I am merely point out how you clearly make stuff up, twist things and contradict yourself, then just keep doubling down.

Lol, I don't even have an opinion here. I am more of an observer for things of which I have no control. But, that doesn't mean that the bullshit detector is deactivated.

It would appear to be you that is bent on having people agree with your opinion, since you are arguing with what? like 20 people or more now? Hence why I called you persistent.

find one post where I've suggested that anybody should see things my way. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

find one post where I've suggested that anybody should see things my way. 

I am inferring from your relentless bullshit. That term you seem to think determines facts. But being that you have been sitting in your bullshit for a solid 10 pages, it isn't surprising that you don't smell it.

1 minute ago, tas said:

uh huh ... what's your point? 

You presented a flimsy premise then insinuated that how things play out will prove or disprove something. You then hedged your bets in regards to UFAs signing even though your premise was the Friedman signing proves they've moved on from all UfAs above Friedman in the pecking order.