[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Mark Friedman (1 year x $775k)

3 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I am seeking to understand your opinion.  I am also curious if you truly believe it or have simply dug your heels in.  I’m not trying to convince you of anything.

I won’t speak for anyone else.

I don't remember what your initial response was, though in my memory it was confrontational, but yes for the last few pages you've seems more interested in conversation rather than just obtusely telling people they're wrong like what most of this thread is. 

I have no problem with people questioning my thoughts and opinions but when some goon puffs his chest out and asserts that his opinion, with absolutely no more knowledge or information or backing than I have, is righter than mine because he says so, I can't help but chortle and indulge the argument. 

• Cheers 1

Not going to jump in an argument but signing him has nothing to do with anything. He is a depth minimum cost player. That has no effect on signing pretty much anyone except for maybe a depth AHL D man. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

I am inferring from your relentless bullshit. That term you seem to think determines facts. But being that you have been sitting in your bullshit for a solid 10 pages, it isn't surprising that you don't smell it.

the only thing I stated as fact is that it's common knowledge myers wants to be in vancouver, which it is. I couldn't be any more emphatically clear for everything else that it is merely my deductions and opinions and I don't care if anybody else believes the same things. 

why on earth would a bunch of people argue against somebody else's opinion when it's a situation where, simply, nobody can be right or wrong at this time?

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Not going to jump in an argument but signing him has nothing to do with anything. He is a depth minimum cost player. That has no effect on signing pretty much anyone except for maybe a depth AHL D man. 

not going to do the thing but doing exactly that thing. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

the only thing I stated as fact is that it's common knowledge myers wants to be in vancouver, which it is. I couldn't be any more emphatically clear for everything else that it is merely my deductions and opinions and I don't care if anybody else believes the same things. 

why on earth would a bunch of people argue against somebody else's opinion when it's a situation where, simply, nobody can be right or wrong at this time?

You should ask yourself that very same question? 🍻

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

You presented a flimsy premise then insinuated that how things play out will prove or disprove something. You then hedged your bets in regards to UFAs signing even though your premise was the Friedman signing proves they've moved on from all UfAs above Friedman in the pecking order.

none of that is accurate. 

Somehow signing Fried Green Tomatoes turned into a therapy session ... wow, I can't wait until General Zeke signs his $4.90M x 7 contract then it will be

You get Psychotherapy! everyone gets psychotherapy! and you get ...

• Haha 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

You should ask yourself that very same question? 🍻

i haven't argued against anybody else's opinions, merely in defense of my own. I haven't said that people who believe this signing has no correlation to zadorov are wrong, I've merely argued for my right to believe that it does. 

If you can sign a known quantity (ie you know he can play in a pinch) to league minimum, you do it.  There's absolutely no risk, financial or otherwise.  It's a position that must be filled by somebody and you may as well sign the guy while you're not pressed to be doing something more important. 

Good bit of housekeeping Allvin!!  Smart.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, tas said:

I don't remember what your initial response was, though in my memory it was confrontational, but yes for the last few pages you've seems more interested in conversation rather than just obtusely telling people they're wrong like what most of this thread is. 

I have no problem with people questioning my thoughts and opinions but when some goon puffs his chest out and asserts that his opinion, with absolutely no more knowledge or information or backing than I have, is righter than mine because he says so, I can't help but chortle and indulge the argument. 

Yeah.  I misunderstood you at first so my bad.  I thought you were saying that you could interpret how a minimum contract affects the ability to sign other guys.  I was aghast at the thought of telling people that math (salary cap) was up fr interpretation.

You would agree that you are assuming quite a bit from something pretty small yeah? There are some pretty reasonable posters (a lot more mature than me lol) who are having trouble with your logic.  It’s not just people being antagonistic.  

Just now, tas said:

i haven't argued against anybody else's opinions, merely in defense of my own. I haven't said that people who believe this signing has no correlation to zadorov are wrong, I've merely argued for my right to believe that it does. 

So you could have saved yourself 8 or 9 pages by simply responding, "you may be right, but this is how I feel," instead of defending your opinion as fact.

You generally learn these things from those "human interactions" you were referring to, but moreso away from the computer.

4 minutes ago, tas said:

2+2=5

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, tas said:

none of that is accurate. 

Oh sorry, I should have said priority list instead of pecking order. But yeah, It's completely accurate.

5 minutes ago, tas said:

Then of course I have to come along with the philosophical question.  “But do you ACTUALLY believe in the point for which you have argued your right to believe in.” Haha my bad everyone 

• Haha 1

Yeah.  I misunderstood you at first so my bad.  I thought you were saying that you could interpret how a minimum contract affects the ability to sign other guys.  I was aghast at the thought of telling people that math (salary cap) was up fr interpretation.

You would agree that you are assuming quite a bit from something pretty small yeah? There are some pretty reasonable posters (a lot more mature than me lol) who are having trouble with your logic.  It’s not just people being antagonistic.  

I would agree that I am filling in some gaps with assumptions I've made by deducing actions and statement of those involved. 

any of these "mature" posters could have asked me to explain my logic, but instead they just decided to tell me I'm wrong, about something they can't possibly know anymore than I can. 

• Cheers 1

Then of course I have to come along with the philosophical question.  “But do you ACTUALLY believe in the point for which you have argued your right to believe in.” Haha my bad everyone 

I do. and I am perfectly comfortable if not a single other soul does. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

The forum walks a fine line!

There's a fine line between sanity and being insane Picture #118840101 ...

]

Alright peeps, tapping out from this riveting conversation filled with compelling arguments, unassailable retorts and granite solid antiphons. Woohoo GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB SO FAR MANAGEMENT TEAM! NOW BRING US THE CUP NEXT YEAR!

4Nlwt9n%2BGOs=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

• Haha 1

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

WOW....

Who would have thought that Mark Friedman resigning for the league minimum would generate 11 pages of discussion. Haha

it's the offseason. we have about 2 weeks before somebody starts a jersey thread. 

• ThereItIs 1