[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Mark Friedman (1 year x $775k)

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Almost thought the title said Elliot Freidman. Need my glasses on. 

Only way we'd give Elliotte that kind of money is if we already had a trade worked out for Pierre LeBrun and Caroline Cameron....

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Wadda ya think boys and girls?

The parade starts at Canada Place, down Burrard, then across to Granville?

Needs to be the longest in nhl history. Start in Surrey and go to Stanley Park and pay tribute to Lord Stanley statue then end at Rogers Arena. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Needs to be the longest in nhl history. Start in Surrey and go to Stanley Park and pay tribute to Lord Stanley statue then end at Rogers Arena. 

So, like - up Hwy 1 across the 2nd Narrows and then back across the Lions Gate through the Park?  :hurhur:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You’re taking that too literally.

When you can sign a depth guy who comes at the same cost or cheaper as anyone you have on the farm you do it. Why wait and lose a quality depth piece?

we shall see. 

Nice depth add.  Assuming Myers is back, Juulsen-Friedman gives two serviceable yet budget friendly options bare minimum at 6RD.

He’s a nice, scrappy vet to have in the stable. Wasn’t sure he’d come back so I’m pleasantly surprised he’s locked in this early.

TBH, I didn't really think too much about MF last season. There was nothing that really stuck out for me, either positive or negative.....

.....which, I think, is a good thing for a #7/8....

There are probably a half dozen or so FA's who could bring the same skillset to the table, for around the same money.....but, what they wouldn't bring to the table is familiarity with the team and the coaching staff. IMO, that's why you re-sign guys like Friedman if you can.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, tas said:

I'm not thrilled about filling in the bottom before the middle.

I'm interpreting this as them resigning themselves to the fact that zadorov is gone. I hope I'm wrong, but I won't be holding my breath. 

Guys signed for 1.1 per aren’t part of the same pie as Big Z. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tas said:

sure, and I hope you're right. but canucks management have said they have a free agent pecking order they're working with and they try to work down that list.

Anything under 1.1 million can be buried in the minors with no effect on salary cap, does not effect any other signings. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I like Friedman as a depth option. Seems like a pretty upbeat and supportive guy too from those post game locker room videos.

As others have said, these depth deals are easy and quick to get worked out. The bigger deals (Zadorov) take time and it's best that management and the player don't rush. As long as they get it signed soon that is 😅.

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

TBH, I'm not all that familiar with Vancouver.....(been a couple of decades since I've been)

I just looked at Google maps and picked street names that I'm familiar with....:classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

Really liked that he could sit for weeks on end and in a pinch was ready to go when called upon. Tocchet kept saying he was a huge presence on the bench with his teammates. You need guys like this. Happy he returns...but makes you wonder about Jett Woo's future now.

He is a great number 7/8 guy who plays the role well. Reminds me a lot of Alex Biega.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Fucking get Zadorov re-signed, fuck!!!

Unless Zad comes down, or we manage to move Mikheyev, I doubt it’s done before July 1.  Need to keep money open for Guentzel / offensive help up front, 

4 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So, like - up Hwy 1 across the 2nd Narrows and then back across the Lions Gate through the Park?  :hurhur:

Might need to take relay shifts. 5 players plus staff on first leg through Surrey, etc.

I think the first cup in BC can get a million people. I will take time off work and fly back to see it.

Almost had that to worry about in 2011. Was a trainee Dr then in Philly, couldn't just leave. I think the parade would have been on a week day, harder to get a day off. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Unless Zad comes down, or we manage to move Mikheyev, I doubt it’s done before July 1.  Need to keep money open for Guentzel / offensive help up front, 

Get set for disappointment. It might be Mik with salary retained, and PA gets a deal with Zads. But I'm thinking the team wants some cap flexibility so they can pick up a player at the deadline. So I wouldn't hold my breath on JG.