[Trade] LA Kings Acquire Darcy Kuemper from Washington for Pierre-Luc Dubois

Remember the superstar Laine PLD swap. 2 players nobody wants now. Both those GMs were probably laughing that they found a taker for their head case only to get a different flavour of head case. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • chaos 2

55 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

In 2016, Vancouver was seeded third pick overall BEFORE the draft lottery dropped them two spots to fifth (and chose Juolevi) If they had retained their third position, they would absolutely have taken Dubois. To review, Dubois has worn out his welcome in Columbus, Winnipeg and now Los Angeles and he's only 25. Worse, he's due $8.5M AAV for another SEVEN seasons. What on earth is Brian McLellan thinking by acquiring a guy who has had problems fitting in everywhere? Washington is on the downside of Ovechkin's career and adding Dubois isn't going to improve them much at all.

Meanwhile we have Juulsen at $775,000.

Benning was playing 3D chess!Think About It GIF by Identity

13 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Doobwah is so stupid, he locked a life changing contract and gets to play in sunny LA with the beaches and shit and he still effed up.

You forgot the California talent. Young, handsome, rich athlete in LA. Oh man. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Actually there was a deal in place to acquire Subban from Montreal if Dubois was there at our pick…

I didn't know that. Makes more sense now that Benning went for Juolevi instead of Tkachuk. He was looking for a defenceman rather than the best player available. Dolt.

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

this is Benning level asset management. 

LA is being mismanaged into the ground.  They used to have such a bright future ahead of them with depth in so many areas.  I might be incorrect, but I do believe at one point they had Doughty, Roy, Walker, and Durzi all down the right side for their defence.  They also had Kopitar, Byfield, Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari down the middle. 

Two of the most difficult positions to lock up depth and they had tons of it.  Then I dunno what they did, but they lost Walker, Durzi, Vilardi, Iafallo, and Kupari all in a matter of a couple years, and now Roy is out the door next.  Couldn't imagine losing that much depth in 2 key positions that quickly with almost nothing to show for it.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, HKSR said:

LA is being mismanaged into the ground.  They used to have such a bright future ahead of them with depth in so many areas.  I might be incorrect, but I do believe at one point they had Doughty, Roy, Walker, and Durzi all down the right side for their defence.  They also had Kopitar, Byfield, Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari down the middle. 

Two of the most difficult positions to lock up depth and they had tons of it.  Then I dunno what they did, but they lost Walker, Durzi, Vilardi, Iafallo, and Kupari all in a matter of a couple years, and now Roy is out the door next.  Couldn't imagine losing that much depth in 2 key positions that quickly with almost nothing to show for it.

I'm really liking our chances in the Pacific next season. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

I'm really liking our chances in the Pacific next season. 

Man, the rivalry with EDM these next few years is gonna get nasty.  Throw in a dash of VGK and we've got some serious battles coming up.

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Man, the rivalry with EDM these next few years is gonna get nasty.  Throw in a dash of VGK and we've got some serious battles coming up.

tbh I can see Vegas having a hard time maintaining an elite level of play moving forward. How long can Stone's back last? Hertl is meh. 

If we can maintain a bulked up d core, and actually land Guentzel... oh, boy. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

tbh I can see Vegas having a hard time maintaining an elite level of play moving forward. How long can Stone's back last? Hertl is meh. 

If we can maintain a bulked up d core, and actually land Guentzel... oh, boy. 

I never count out VGK and their stupid cap circumvention antics... although I do feel that they're on the downswing now after being gifted all that talent during expansion.

Just now, HKSR said:

I never count out VGK and their stupid cap circumvention antics... although I do feel that they're on the downswing now after being gifted all that talent during expansion.

true, but the wheels have to come off at some point here. But yeah, they could be in a permanent state of LTIR too.