[Trade] LA Kings Acquire Darcy Kuemper from Washington for Pierre-Luc Dubois

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

to be fair, PLD did appear to have all the tools, no one knew he as a dumb dumb. 

all the warning signs were there in winnipeg and columbus + inferior producer and would be a 3c here at best

23 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

all the warning signs were there in winnipeg and columbus + inferior producer and would be a 3c here at best

sure but it seemed very reasonable that no one would really be happy in either of those places 

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

sure but it seemed very reasonable that no one would really be happy in either of those places 

yes? so you sabotage the team to force you way out? which is pretty much what he tried to do 

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Kuemper?  Really?  That's LAK's solution for goaltending?  His 3.31 GAA and 0.890 Sv% will help?

Well, that team has made Phoenix Copley look NHL-calibre, Joonas Korpisalo look like a goalie worth a $25M contract, and Cam Talbot a frickin all-star. I suspect Kuemper is at least as good as those guys.

And they get out from the PLD contract too, without adding picks/prospects. That’s huge.

5 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Well, that team has made Phoenix Copley look NHL-calibre, Joonas Korpisalo look like a goalie worth a $25M contract, and Cam Talbot a frickin all-star. I suspect Kuemper is at least as good as those guys.

And they get out from the PLD contract too, without adding picks/prospects. That’s huge.

Yes, so they can make any goalie look good.  Why get one that you have to pay for another 3 years at $5.25M?  That's more than Demko is making!

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Yes, so they can make any goalie look good.  Why get one that you have to pay for another 3 years at $5.25M?  That's more than Demko is making!

Dubois has an $8.5M cap hit for 7 more years! Even with the 1/3 buyout, that would be $27.8M spread across 14 years!

Sure, Kuemper isn’t ideal, but considering the bullet they dodged I think this deal is fantastic for LA. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

Dubois has an $8.5M cap hit for 7 more years! Even with the 1/3 buyout, that would be $27.8M spread across 14 years!

Sure, Kuemper isn’t ideal, but considering the bullet they dodged I think this deal is fantastic for LA. 

I dunno, it's about the same in my books.  Kuemper isn't worth the $5.25M and PLD isn't worth the $8.5M.  What PLD has going for him is age.  He's 25yo and still could improve.  Kuemper is likely gonna just get worse.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

They needed to trade for Kuemper in order to dump PLD. They actually opened up $3.25 million in cap space on top of getting a Stanley Cup champion. 

The first trade for PLD was brutal. But at least LA had the balls to admit defeat and make a much better trade this time around. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I dunno, it's about the same in my books.  Kuemper isn't worth the $5.25M and PLD isn't worth the $8.5M.  What PLD has going for him is age.  He's 25yo and still could improve.  Kuemper is likely gonna just get worse.

The chances of PLD improving are about the same as Troy Gamble coming out of retirement. 

• Haha 1

Whoever had the bet of someone trading for Kuemper and winning that trade must have gotten huge odds.

That is a lot of cap liability gone.  Washington doesn’t care, they are going to be in a deep rebuild soon for years.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if Kuemper is the goaltending solution for LA

Man what a terrible trade made by Rob Blake, but at the same time he had the guts to get out of the contract after just one year instead of waiting for PLD to maybe be better. The owner can't be thrilled by how this turned out and somehow Blake still has a job.