[Trade] LA Kings Acquire Darcy Kuemper from Washington for Pierre-Luc Dubois

I still get it for Washington. Ultimate buy low at a position they desperately need. And if it doesn’t work…well… they’re screwed anyway.

Edited by D-Money
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I still get it for Washington. Ultimate buy low at a position they desperately need. And if it doesn’t work…well… they’re screwed anyway.

Bingo. Ovi has two more years, after that they are probably tanking anyway .

6 hours ago, D-Money said:

Well, that team has made Phoenix Copley look NHL-calibre, Joonas Korpisalo look like a goalie worth a $25M contract, and Cam Talbot a frickin all-star. I suspect Kuemper is at least as good as those guys.

And they get out from the PLD contract too, without adding picks/prospects. That’s huge.

And also a cup winning goalie so Kuemper has experience playing under the playoffs pressure something LA needs if they face Edmonton again in the playoffs 

4 hours ago, EB43 said:

PLD makes 8.5m??! How the fuck did that happen..?

My guess is maybe he really wanted to play for Montreal so he gave a high asking price to LA thinking either they reject it or give him the big money 

3 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

I could see him ending up in the ECHL, just like Josh Ho Sang. Who knows, maybe he’ll hoist the Kelly Cup one day. 

How is Ho-Sang anyways. Never heard that name for awhile.

8 hours ago, iinatcc said:

How is Ho-Sang anyways. Never heard that name for awhile.

Just won the ECHL Kelly Cup, playing with the Florida Everblades . Put up 17 assists during the playoffs to lead the league.

Overpriced player for overpriced goalie.

Win-win, lose-lose. So hard to decide.

Maybe LA wins, taking on the shorter contract?  But man, Blake should be canned for taking on PLD in the first place.

I wonder how many chances this guy will be given until he's "shelved money."

He obviously has the potential to bounce back and it's really been only 1 year of being in a true slump. Maybe even it's a coaching issue. However, that just makes him more high maintenance in my opinion if you need the right coach for him in the 1st place just so that his production doesn't drop by a 1/3rd.

18 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

I could see him ending up in the ECHL, just like Josh Ho Sang. Who knows, maybe he’ll hoist the Kelly Cup one day. 

While I have a hard time almost seeing anyone with as big of an issue as Ho Sang ego-wise, Dubois certainly would be up there as a possibility.

On 6/20/2024 at 9:46 PM, Kragar said:

Overpriced player for overpriced goalie.

Win-win, lose-lose. So hard to decide.

Maybe LA wins, taking on the shorter contract?  But man, Blake should be canned for taking on PLD in the first place.

LA gets a cup winning goalie and thus playoffs experience. Something that will come in handy if they face McDavid again in the playoffs 

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

LA gets a cup winning goalie and thus playoffs experience. Something that will come in handy if they face McDavid again in the playoffs 

He's still mostly meh, IMO.

Time will tell if he makes a difference.

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I'm not convinced they make the playoffs. 

byfield is the bright light on that team, I'm blown away by his puck protection for such a young player every time I see him. they should rebuild around him. 

On 6/19/2024 at 10:23 PM, D-Money said:

Remember how many posters on the old board HEAVILY supported a PLD for JT Miller trade? 😂

Ahhh…Those were the days. 

I thought it was PLD for Horvat. I remember the Miller trade option being for Scheifele.

Edited by Diamonds