[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Cole McWard and Linus Karlsson

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Allvin thinks highly of McWard.  Wouldn't surprise me to see Juulsen as a regular in our D core, and McWard playing 7th D kinda like Juulsen this past year.

Karlsson plays a good solid bottom 6 game.  Strong along the boards.  I like what he brings to the roster.

I think they sign Zadorov and do exactly this and go cheap on the right side

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Allvin thinks highly of McWard.  Wouldn't surprise me to see Juulsen as a regular in our D core, and McWard playing 7th D kinda like Juulsen this past year.

Karlsson plays a good solid bottom 6 game.  Strong along the boards.  I like what he brings to the roster.

this basically aligns with my expectations too, juulsen as our #6, and Karlsson is one of the internal guys i think who has a good chance of making the roster out of camp

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Yup, Karlsson will likely be a fixture on the 4th line... basically Lafferty's spot.

Juulsen will be the cheap 6th D.

The new Joshua will also be a relatively cheap player... Podkolzin may be the internal candidate.  If they go outside the organization, I still think the player will be $1.5M max.

I think a cheap addition for the 4th line will also happen.  Duhaime?  Carrier?  Again, a sub-$2M acquisition.

Bottom 6:

Podkolzin-Blueger-Garland

Duhaime-Aman-Karlsson

Saves a lot of cap for the top end of the roster.

I think Bluegar is a must-bring back. Between PK and his chemistry with Garland..

And Podkolzin feels like a natural fit to try to replace Joshua. However, I'd like to see them bring in another big guy with hands to create some competition for that spot, Sammy Blais perhaps. Shouldn't be expensive. 

Dave Hall seems quite high on McWard! Wouldn’t it be wicked if he could come in and play some minutes.

Though with Juulsen and Friedman both being RD, I wonder how much of an opportunity he will get.

13 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

Dave Hall seems quite high on McWard! Wouldn’t it be wicked if he could come in and play some minutes.

Though with Juulsen and Friedman both being RD, I wonder how much of an opportunity he will get.

We always get injuries; he'll get his games next season one way or another. (roster spot or callup)

Hoping Karlsson can earn a spot out of camp.

54 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Karlsson, I expect to have more games in Vancouver this season. He has very good offensive instincts but what I really like is he is a hard battler on the puck, goes to the dirty areas and the front of the net. He has good speed as well. Liked what I saw of him last season.

And can play C if need be in the course of a game......injury etc 

McWard will be an AHL guy next year, but maybe he takes a good step forward. Karlsson showed some promise. Maybe has bottom six potential eventually.

• Jess pinned and featured this topic
1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Karlsson, I expect to have more games in Vancouver this season. He has very good offensive instincts but what I really like is he is a hard battler on the puck, goes to the dirty areas and the front of the net. He has good speed as well. Liked what I saw of him last season.

Seemed to have some chemistry with Petey if I remember correctly