[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Cole McWard and Linus Karlsson

Based on the Friedman thread, I guess we're not signing anymore NHL contracts. We just need an ECHL contract to happen and then we can assume no more AHL contracts.

Pecking orders suck! :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Reports are Jake and zaddy were seen at YVR departing after these deals were signed 

was zadorov carrying guentzel in a baby bjorn to try to save money on a plane ticket?

• Haha 4

does anyone have a good scouting report on Karlsson's skating ability?

i've only seen him play in a couple NHL games. He seems strong on the board but, seems to lack foot speed.

I really hope for the Canucks to have a speedier team up front next season

No doubt about it we will need cheaper guys to step up in the next year or two if we want this train to keep going. Guys like Podz, Karlson, Bains, etc will be looked at to fill positions as we redirect more money into our top 6 and defencemen.

McWard one more year in the A is great.  Let him have that one truly dominant AHL year if he can pull it off.

Friedman and Juulsen just signed for 1 season apiece.  Lots of opportunity (with Willander in the rear view mirror)

Club seem to love Karlsson - maybe next year is the year he sticks with the big Canucks.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do you have a padded room? IMHAO you’re going to need one. 

I probably will need one. 

Zad is one Dman aside from Bieksa that I’ve gotten fully behind. 

I need this. 

Huggy and Hronek aside. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I probably will need one. 

Zad is one Dman aside from Bieksa that I’ve gotten fully behind. 

I need this. 

Huggy and Hronek aside. 

Agreed. Love Big Z. Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed in hopes we can keep him. But have my padded room set up too. 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Yup, Karlsson will likely be a fixture on the 4th line... basically Lafferty's spot.

Juulsen will be the cheap 6th D.

The new Joshua will also be a relatively cheap player... Podkolzin may be the internal candidate.  If they go outside the organization, I still think the player will be $1.5M max.

I think a cheap addition for the 4th line will also happen.  Duhaime?  Carrier?  Again, a sub-$2M acquisition.

Bottom 6:

Podkolzin-Blueger-Garland

Duhaime-Aman-Karlsson

Saves a lot of cap for the top end of the roster.

Yup, stack the top six with high-end talent, allow for rookies to play in the bottom six and get them to play uber solid defense, and fill the back end with massive D

*snickers*

Then Demkohhhh and Silovs...

LFG.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

McWard one more year in the A is great.  Let him have that one truly dominant AHL year if he can pull it off.

Friedman and Juulsen just signed for 1 season apiece.  Lots of opportunity (with Willander in the rear view mirror)

Club seem to love Karlsson - maybe next year is the year he sticks with the big Canucks.

Management really happy with McWard’s second half of the season, could see him on the roster early if he starts the season strong in the AHL

Edited by J-23
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

i liked dakota but is he the real deal as in toughness would or was he always there for his team..he can play very well hockey and is a big part in why the canucks were successful...i want more toughness in the team besides biz z and dakota...its a must to get tougher not weaker...thats why the canucks are better..they played smart tough hockey ..defence wins championships but you also need that sand paper player..a few at least with skill...

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Willander is going back to Boston University for one more season so he can dominate and learn the North American game. He will sign an NHL contract in March/April 2025 and then play a few regular season games for us. And then he’ll be available for the playoffs next year. 

2025 our defence will look like this:

Hughes         Hronek 

Zadorov        Willander 

Soucy            Myers 

Pettersson    Juulsen 

Holy sh*t! That’s a friggin’ Cup winning D. 

• Cheers 1