[Report] Anthony Mantha to hit free agency

• PhillipBlunt changed the title to Anthony Mantha to hit free agency
30 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He might be entering that territory now. 

He had 23 goals last year, why would he be in PTO territory now?  He's probably looking at a $3.5-4.5m deal 

• ThereItIs 2

34 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

agreed, floater. will drive tocchet crazy.

At some point RT has to suck it up and realize that he desperately needs some offense and might have to compromise a bit on whether he's Rick Tocchet guy or not

I'm not say Mantha, but adding offense to the lineup might require some compromise.

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

At some point RT has to suck it up and realize that he desperately needs some offense and might have to compromise a bit on whether he's Rick Tocchet guy or not

I'm not say Mantha, but adding offense to the lineup might require some compromise.

theres guys that play harder + faster + forecheck like Duclair who also have a scoring touch, i would imagine we'd go for a player like that

12 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

theres guys that play harder + faster + forecheck like Duclair who also have a scoring touch, i would imagine we'd go for a player like that

Again, I'm not saying manyha is a guy yo pursue, but if they're going to limit themselves to one kind of player, they're going to find it tough to get better.

A coach "wants" everything he needs, but he also has to make what he gets work.

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Duclair was scratched in Arizona when Tocchet was head coach. Then he was traded.

Should not be on the Canucks free agent list.

• ThereItIs 1

Tocchet already showed he had no tolerance for a real offensive talent like Kuzmenko who might be a little suspect defensively.

There is no way he'd want Mantha on his team.

Better to sign some 6'4" 230 lb fast skating 4th line hitter who has hands of stone for league minimum and put the money into signing Z.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Vintage 1

People crap on him based on what he WAS making.  But truth is for $2 million or less he's a quality bottom 6 RW that has size (he doesn't use) but can skate and has offensive skills to some extent.''For $2 million or less he'd be great on the 3rd or 4th line

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

People crap on him based on what he WAS making.  But truth is for $2 million or less he's a quality bottom 6 RW that has size (he doesn't use) but can skate and has offensive skills to some extent.''For $2 million or less he'd be great on the 3rd or 4th line

Team needs hitters on the bottom six.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

if you don't hit, don't check, don't use your size, don't kill penalties -- AND you don't put up phenomenal offense -- your usefulness to a good team is virtually nonexistent. 

• Cheers 1