Copa America

bolt

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

No, it came after the game. American "fans" pissed off that Weah's actions cost them the game, so they jumped on social media afterward and started throwing the N word around.

Same kind of thing happened to Bombito after a hard challenge on Messi during Canada's opener. The difference with that one is that it was racist Messi fan boys, rather than Canadian supporters.

American fan base. WTF is going on in that Country? 

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

I wish I knew the answer to that, Jimmy.

I've said for quite a while that the response to internet piling on, or shaming should be to tell these dickwads to eff off.....

how about we just ignore them? I know it's an easy media story but really, who gives a flying f what someone like that is saying. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

how about we just ignore them? I know it's an easy media story but really, who gives a flying f what someone like that is saying. 

They take this sort of thing pretty seriously in Football, because racism is a huge issue in a lot of these countries. There are usually "investigations" (although I have no idea what that entails) and sometimes even sanctions, although that won't be the case for fans attacking their own guy....

4 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

American fan base. WTF is going on in that Country? 

As much as I'd like to put this on American fans, social media has created these assholes in every country.

Rest assured that if Bombito had done against Peru what Weah did against Panama, there would be online trolls doing the same to him.

Canada gets another break, as Richie Laryea is taken down just outside the box and the Chilean defender is shown his second yellow. Canada did nothing with the free kick, but barring one of their guys doing something stupid, they'll play the last hour of the match up a man....

These guys need to smarten up. Chile is obviously trying to goad them into doing something stupid and some of the Canadian players are allowing them to do so.

I think Marsh should think about making a couple of changes.

8 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Has Davies overtaken Robert Lenarduzzi as all time best Canada player?

Davies plays positions that goal scoring is more difficult to do, even still he is top ten all time and should pass De Rosario well before getting 80 caps.  Jonathan David should easily become our top goal scorer.

1  Cyle Larin  29 goals 68 caps 2014–present

2  Jonathan David  27 goals 48 caps 2018–present

3  Dwayne De Rosario 22 goals 81 caps 1998–2015

4  Lucas Cavallini  19 goals 40 caps 2012–present

John Catliff 19 goals 43 caps 1984–1994

Dale Mitchell 19 goals 55 caps 1980–1993

7  Tosaint Ricketts  17 goals 61 caps 2011–2020

8  Junior Hoilett  16 goals 63 caps 2015–present

Alex Bunbury 16 goals 66 caps 1986–1997

10 Ali Gerba 15 goals 30 caps 2005–2011

Alphonso Davies 15 goals 47 caps 2017–present

• Cheers 2

US v Uruguay. US broadcast crew begging nonstop for yellow cards on Uruguay. US facing elimination, leaving Canada as potentially the only North American team to advance. 

16 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

US v Uruguay. US broadcast crew begging nonstop for yellow cards on Uruguay. US facing elimination, leaving Canada as potentially the only North American team to advance. 

Panama is winning.  Will advance if results hold.

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Central America is also North America, our brothers in Panama will advance 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

I was just going to comment on that....non-stop whining about the officiating.....while trying to make it look like they're not whining about the officiating....:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2024 at 2:26 AM, Ronaldoescobar said:

Has Davies overtaken Robert Lenarduzzi as all time best Canada player?

Lenarduzzi was never Canada's all time best player....

• Cheers 1