Copa America

bolt

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Lenarduzzi was never Canada's all time best player....

I used to watch his older brothers play at Callister Park, near the PNE, as a kid. 
Sam, played in the NASL, Vanni and Danny. I thought that Danny was the best of them. 
Dominic Mobilio might be at the top of the heap as Canada’s best. Got any favourites?

9 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

I used to watch his older brothers play at Callister Park, near the PNE, as a kid. 
Sam, played in the NASL, Vanni and Danny. I thought that Danny was the best of them. 
Dominic Mobilio might be at the top of the heap as Canada’s best. Got any favourites?

It's probably Mobilio or Dwayne de Rosario for me....

Of course Christine Sinclair is miles beyond any of the men.....at least until Phonsie closes the gap....

• Cheers 1

Oh, FFS.....:classic_dry:

Tajon Buchanan was injured in training this morning and taken to hospital. Not a lot of details, but it sounds like he may have broken his leg.....:classic_wacko:

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Tajon Buchanan was injured in training this morning and taken to hospital. Not a lot of details, but it sounds like he may have broken his leg.....:classic_wacko:

Well that sucks.  Hope he gets better.  Hopefully he doesn't miss much of the season with Inter Milan.

2 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Well that sucks.  Hope he gets better.  Hopefully he doesn't miss much of the season with Inter Milan.

It really sucks for Canada....

They were a different side when he came on the pitch against Chile....

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Broken tibia.

Will have surgery tomorrow.  

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/canadas-tajon-buchanan-taken-to-hospital-after-injury-at-copa-america/sn-amp/

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

1 - 1 draw between Brazil and Columbia.  Columbia wins the group.  Means Brazil will have to face Uruguay in the late game on Saturday.   Columbia faces Panama in the early game on Saturday.   Winners face each other in the Semifinals. 

I was actually quite impressed with Colombia. (note the spelling Destroyer. If there are any Colombians in this thread, you've already annoyed them :classic_cool:)

I thought they were the better side and deserving of the top spot in the group.

• Cheers 1

If you're like me, you've found the Fox coverage of Copa America painful. As it turns out, they're also covering Euro, but thankfully, we haven't had to endure that.

Writer Aaron Timms offers up a critique of Fox and it's chosen commentators far better than I can. I'm only posting the link, because it's a bit long, but I highly recommend. It actually had me laughing out loud several times:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/other/in-a-scary-world-the-calamity-of-fox-sports-soccer-coverage-offers-a-strange-calm/ar-BB1pslCE?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=1ba0d3e64d7f4bbab690d324f673e448&ei=24

9 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Shaffelburg! :towel:

After Canada got hosed by the officials...... twice.....

Awesome to see him lift that jersey of his injured teammate Buchanan.

A white guy too. Shut those diversity critics up. 

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

When the Keeper came and made the sliding tackle on Larin, it looked a lot like he played the ball with his arm....outside the box....

What's the rule on VAR? Ref's discretion? 

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

What's the rule on VAR? Ref's discretion? 

I've stopped trying to figure out how they arrive a decisions in this tournament. The tug on the jersey against Shaffelburg was obvious, but neither the ref, nor VAR saw it somehow....:classic_unsure:

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

So much for getting an impartial ref...this clown might as well be wearing a Venezuela jersey....:classic_dry:

Quite a partisan crowd. Where's the match held?