Copa America

bolt

58 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

On the other hand, Argentina realizes Canada had some legit scoring chances in the first game and are probably learning something from that.  They won't take Canada as lightly as they might otherwise have done.

Great thing about life, shit happens, go Canada!

Posted (edited)

Has that referee(Wilton Sampaio) from the Canada and Venezuela game been arrested for corruption yet.... That was a pretty biased officiated game, in the first 10 mins when the Canada player got pulled down by his jersey from the Venezuela player you could sense it wasn't going to be good, but I didn't expect it to be that bad and one sided the whole game. When the goalie for Venezuela tried grabbing the ball from Canada to try and stop the throw in, and the referee didn't card him or anything, there's no question all you can think about is this ref was paid off. Looks like the ref has some history with people questioning his officiating calling him horrible back in 2022 Euro's, even Messi called him out.

On a side note, I don't know any of the players I don't follow soccer, so maybe someone who does would know better, but from my observation last game Millar for Canada is a very weak striker and should not be taking kicks on net with that weak of a strike, even his penalty kick was weak, do they have anyone else who can play over him because he shouldn't be in if that's how he kicks.

Edited by Canucks164cup

1 minute ago, Canucks164cup said:

Has that referee(Wilton Sampaio) from the Canada and Venezuela game been arrested for corruption yet.... That was a pretty biased officiated game, in the first 10 mins when the Canada player got pulled down by his jersey from the Venezuela player you could sense it wasn't going to be good, but I didn't expect it to be that bad and one sided the whole game. When the goalie for Venezuela tried grabbing the ball from Canada to try and stop the throw in, and the referee didn't card him or anything, there's no question all you can think about is this ref was paid off. Looks like the ref has some history with people questioning his officiating calling him horrible back in 2022 Euro's, even Messi called him out.

On a side note, I don't know any of the players I don't follow soccer, so maybe someone who does would know better, but from my observation last game Millar for Canada is a very weak striker and should not be taking kicks on net with that weak of a strike, even his penalty kick was weak, do they have anyone else who can play over him because he shouldn't be in if that's how he kicks.

Millar had a terrible game. Good energy though. Hopefully Shaffelburg can play 90 minutes.. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Canucks164cup said:

I think that was just an off night for Millar....

Check out the strike at the 1:20 mark

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I think that was just an off night for Millar....

Check out the strike at the 1:20 mark

Definitely looked better in the highlight package, I guess an off game but that was a pretty bad off game then imo.

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Suddenly, Deb's a soccer fan.

Who knew???

Let's go Canada. Rushing home after work to catch the game.

Yes Go Canada! Euro Semis start today too but 12 noon start Spain/France today and Netherlands/England tomorrow…championship game on Sunday for euros, not sure when Copa final game is 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, runningback33 said:

Yes Go Canada! Euro Semis start today too but 12 noon start Spain/France today and Netherlands/England tomorrow…championship game on Sunday for euros, not sure when Copa final game is 

Same day. Sunday. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Same day. Sunday. 

It's too bad the two tournaments had to be on at the same time.  There is such a thing as too much soccer.  At least for me.  I would have enjoyed and watched more of each tournament had they been on at different times.

At the very least, I wish the final games could be on Saturday and Sunday rather than both on the same day.

• Upvote 1

Was thinking of going tonight. Resale prices in lower bowl was $1000 for a couple of seats. But didn't want to squeeze with all those Argentinian fans, and being a long shot. 

I would fly back for a home world cup game in Vancouver though.  

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Suddenly, Deb's a soccer fan.

Who knew???

Let's go Canada. Rushing home after work to catch the game.

Ditto! 

Also putting on every bit of red& white Canada Day apparel that I own & hoping all of the good vibes I’ve been begging my neighbours & other folks for all day, will do the trick! 

Ready to be the 12th man! 

Eye on the W team-Canada, here we go!!! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1