Canuck Free Agents, end up in?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/predicting-each-remaining-vancouver-canucks-free-agent-s-next-nhl-team-and-contract/ar-BB1oET4g?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=bacca831ffd048059754a05a30e62e63&ei=37

"

We’ve already spilled plenty of ink this offseason talking about the Vancouver Canucks’ free agents.

With July 1st free agency just a little over a week away, the Canucks’ roster and salary cap picture has become more clear. Earlier this week, the Canucks signed defenceman Filip Hronek to an eight-year deal, completing a major part of their puzzle and checking off a key box on their offseason to-do list.

According to CapFriendly, the Canucks have about $18.5 million in cap space with LTIR candidates included. This means some decisions will need to be made on who they re-sign, but that’s not what we’re here to talk about today.

Instead, we’re offering up predictions on where and for what each Canuck will sign for once free agency opens up.

------------

Nikita Zadorov: 6 years with the LA Kings at $6.5 million

Teddy Blueger: 2 years with the Vancouver Canucks at $2 million

Tyler Myers: 2 years with the Vancouver Canucks at $3 million

Dakota Joshua: 4 years with the Toronto Maple Leafs at $3.5 million

Elias Lindholm: 7 years with the Boston Bruins at $7.5 million 

Ian Cole: 1 year with the Anaheim Ducks at $3 million 

Casey DeSmith: 2 years with the Chicago Blackhawks at $2 million 

Arturs Silovs: 2 years with the Vancouver Canucks at $1.1 million 

Sam Lafferty: 2 years with the Calgary Flames at $1.5 million 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a paragraph, per player, with the reasoning for the signings.--at the link.

Edited by Gurn
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

This should be a fun thread. Seems like the writers are pretty close to which guys we keep with Myers and Bluger. Both effective in their roles and cheap considering what they contribute.

IMHAO any club giving Big Z 37.5 million with an AAV of 6.5 is beyond foolish. He’s a 29 year old career bottom pairing D. He dies bring intangibles of value but not that much. 
Lindy will get 8 or more x 7. Hrs the only centre available that is proven to be a high end guy. He’s right shot too. 
And we are getting Geuntzel. Not our Free Agent but we’re getting him July 1. 

• Like 1

This article on Canucks Army was pretty good. It is hard to predict where guys will end up but the guesses look reasonable. The numbers look reasonable too, but I have the following comments.

1. The Zad number is too high. There is no way he is getting a cap hit of 6.5 and certainly not for 6 years. He had a good playoff, he is popular, and I personally like him. But, on the Canucks and probably on LA, he is a third pairing LD -- one of the better third pairing guys in the league, but still on the third pairing. On the Canucks this year he was #6 on depth chart in terms of TOI per game in the regular season. He is 29 so it is not like has further upside. Rumor has it that the Canucks offered 4.5M x 5 years and in free agency someone will certainly go to 5 x 5 or a bit better. But not 6.5 x 6.

2. The Myers number 3M x 2 years is probably what the Canucks have offered but I am sure he wants more and would probably get more in free agency. I would expect the Canucks to sweeten it slightly. Maybe 3.25 x 2.

3. I think Blueger will get more that 2 million. He was at 1.9 last year and will, reasonably, be expecting a decent raise. Maybe 2.25.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

This should be a fun thread. Seems like the writers are pretty close to which guys we keep with Myers and Bluger. Both effective in their roles and cheap considering what they contribute.

IMHAO any club giving Big Z 37.5 million with an AAV of 6.5 is beyond foolish. He’s a 29 year old career bottom pairing D. He dies bring intangibles of value but not that much. 
Lindy will get 8 or more x 7. Hrs the only centre available that is proven to be a high end guy. He’s right shot too. 
And we are getting Geuntzel. Not our Free Agent but we’re getting him July 1. 

Defiantly Canucks will be one of the front runners for Geuntzel for sure. However if that fails, Freedman said on 32 thoughts today, they have been kicking the tires on Toffolli as well. Sorry not relevant to the thread. 

• Thanks 2

Zee 5.55 X 5

Dak Van 3.75 X 4

Myers Van 2.75 X 3

Blueger Van 2.25 X 3

Silovs Van 1.7 X 3

Lindholm Boston 7.65 X 7

Cole Laff who cares. I'd take Lafferty back but I think he will get a better offer. 

On 6/22/2024 at 8:39 AM, DrJockitch said:

Let me see. 
‘Zad-Vancouver

Lindholm-Boston

Blue and Myers-Van

Joshua-Detroit

Silovs clearly Van 2X1.1

Cole, Laff, DeSmith-who cares. 

Guentzel-Nashville

Yeah , Detroit was really kissing his ass..He'll prob end up there...Others look to be on point.

First Domino down, with $200k cap space to spare

Instead, we’re offering up predictions on where and for what each Canuck will sign for once free agency opens up.

------------

Teddy Blueger: 2 years with the Vancouver Canucks at $2 million  - 2 years x $1.8M

Dakota Joshua: 4 years with the Toronto Maple Leafs at $3.5 million

• ThereItIs 1

13 hours ago, DSVII said:

First Domino down, with $200k cap space to spare

------------

Nikita Zadorov: 6 years with the LA Kings at $6.5 million- If he'd take 6 id sign him, he is everything they need on D

Teddy Blueger: 2 years with the Vancouver Canucks at $2 million  - 2 years x $1.8M

Tyler Myers: 2 years with the Vancouver Canucks at $3 million-I'd take the Giraffe at 3 mill

Dakota Joshua: 4 years with the Toronto Maple Leafs at $3.5 million-for 3.5 he stays with the Canucks

Elias Lindholm: 7 years with the Boston Bruins at $7.5 million -Wasnt staying anyways

Ian Cole: 1 year with the Anaheim Ducks at $3 million -Sorry Ian dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Casey DeSmith: 2 years with the Chicago Blackhawks at $2 million -Silovs ate his lunch

Arturs Silovs: 2 years with the Vancouver Canucks at $1.1 million -Well deserved back up Promotion

Sam Lafferty: 2 years with the Calgary Flames at $1.5 million Traded

replied in red. My Priority would be big Z over a Guentzel. I would rather they come back with Joshua and Zadorov and then try to get Toffoli over signing JG to a long long term contract with huge numbers. But i Trust in Jim and Patrik.

On 6/22/2024 at 7:08 AM, Gurn said:

Teddy Blueger: 2 years with the Vancouver Canucks at $2 million----2 yrs $1.8 with Canucks

Dakota Joshua: 4 years with the Toronto Maple Leafs at $3.5 million-----4 yrs $3.25 with Canucks

Teddy Blueger: 2 years with the Vancouver Canucks at $2 million----2 yrs $1.8 with Canucks

Tyler Myers: 2 years with the Vancouver Canucks at $3 million----3yrs $3  with Canucks

Dakota Joshua: 4 years with the Toronto Maple Leafs at $3.5 million-----4 yrs $3.25 with Canucks