US Elections Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, IamCANADIAN013 said:

I really hope you threw up in your mouth a little when you said that.

I mean, it's come to this.  An 81 year old senile old man is the Worlds hope? 

🙄

Sad prey too drunk to focus. But even drunk know that Biden will beat the Orange Ass ClownZ 

10 hours ago, IamCANADIAN013 said:

I really hope you threw up in your mouth a little when you said that.

I mean, it's come to this.  An 81 year old senile old man is the Worlds hope? 

🙄

He is if it means keeping a 77 year old, lying, racist, misogynist, swindling, wannbe king out of the office, yes.....

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

or the democrats could do better too?

Maybe. But it's not happening.

It's a binary choice between a decent man who actually cares about others and just happens to be old and gaffe prone....versus the 77 year-old petulant child that I described in my previous post.

Would I be disappointed if Biden stepped down and someone like Newsome or Whitmer took over? Not a bit. But that ship has sailed. We're a year out from the election and the nominees are going to be the same two that squared off in 2020. I see no point in discussing other possible scenarios.

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Maybe. But it's not happening.

It's a binary choice between a decent man who actually cares about others and just happens to be old and gaffe prone....versus the 77 year-old petulant child that I described in my previous post.

Would I be disappointed if Biden stepped down and someone like Newsome or Whitmer took over? Not a bit. But that ship has sailed. We're a year out from the election and the nominees are going to be the same two that squared off in 2020. I see no point in discussing other possible scenarios.

thats probably all true. I guess what mystifies me is sticking with Harris. Joe is an old dude, there's no getting around it, and when I watch him he doesn't come off as Anthony Quinn at the same age. He does seem a bit frail to me. And I want him to win. 

If they at least replaced Harris with someone people could be happy about if Joe needs to step down for health reasons then I think the dem's win. If they continue with an extremely unpopular VP.... I think they lose. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bob Long said:

thats probably all true. I guess what mystifies me is sticking with Harris. Joe is an old dude, there's no getting around it, and when I watch him he doesn't come off as Anthony Quinn at the same age. He does seem a bit frail to me. And I want him to win. 

If they at least replaced Harris with someone people could be happy about if Joe needs to step down for health reasons then I think the dem's win. If they continue with an extremely unpopular VP.... I think they lose. 

I mean, a wet blanket would be a better choice than just about ANY Republican.   I can't think of a single one that would be any good.  How incompetent this QOP majority Congress has been should be enough evidence that a QOP POTUS is a bad, bad idea.  

I doubt they will even produce a real platform for this election as they will likely copy paste the 2016 one like they did in 2020.  Like really, the world changed significantly since 2016.  

13 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I mean, a wet blanket would be a better choice than just about ANY Republican.   I can't think of a single one that would be any good.  How incompetent this QOP majority Congress has been should be enough evidence that a QOP POTUS is a bad, bad idea.  

I doubt they will even produce a real platform for this election as they will likely copy paste the 2016 one like they did in 2020.  Like really, the world changed significantly since 2016.  

That's the beauty part of being Republican, you don't need any platform or even not be a criminal.

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Yeah, TBH, I don't recall hearing any kind of platform from Republicans at all....just a lot of how "great" everything would be if Trump was elected and what a "disaster" it would be if Biden won...

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

14 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

He is if it means keeping a 77 year old, lying, racist, misogynist, swindling, wannbe king out of the office, yes.....

That right there is the problem.  Trump has a good chance at beating Biden when it could be an easy win for the Democrats if they ran someone who was actually mentally competent who doesn't fumble through speeches with incoherent speak who often gets lost on stage.

• 2 weeks later...

TRUMP smashed the competition in Iowa.  Ronny came 2nd, just ahead of Nikki.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/vivek-ramaswamy-dropping-2024-presidential-race-rcna133875

Vivek Ramaswamy drops out of the 2024 presidential race, endorses Trump

The 38-year-old first-time candidate campaigned as someone who could carry on the MAGA movement — but those voters largely stayed with Trump in Iowa.
  • Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

TRUMP smashed the competition in Iowa.  Ronny came 2nd, just ahead of Nikki.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/vivek-ramaswamy-dropping-2024-presidential-race-rcna133875

Vivek Ramaswamy drops out of the 2024 presidential race, endorses Trump

The 38-year-old first-time candidate campaigned as someone who could carry on the MAGA movement — but those voters largely stayed with Trump in Iowa.

Anyone actually surprised?

• Cheers 1

As Trump 2.0 draws closer Canada has to be prepared for increased tariffs and outright disregard for NAFTA 2. Biden was bad for Canada but Trump will be much worse. Trump will want Canadian resources on the cheap and will get them unless Canada is prepared for tough action. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

As Trump 2.0 draws closer Canada has to be prepared for increased tariffs and outright disregard for NAFTA 2. Biden was bad for Canada but Trump will be much worse. Trump will want Canadian resources on the cheap and will get them unless Canada is prepared for tough action. 

We should have someone like that person who stood up to them in the NAFTA 2.0 negotiations.....

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

DO we have an over under on who would give a second trump administration everything he wanted as pm of canada?

• Vintage 1

On 1/3/2024 at 9:57 PM, IamCANADIAN013 said:

That right there is the problem.  Trump has a good chance at beating Biden when it could be an easy win for the Democrats if they ran someone who was actually mentally competent who doesn't fumble through speeches with incoherent speak who often gets lost on stage.

Then why don't the Republicans run someone who's mentally competent and denazify their party?

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

The solution is to make it clear that we won't negotiate with terrorists.  Don't sign any agreement while that worthless piece of shit infests the white house.

On 1/16/2024 at 9:56 AM, King Heffy said:

Then why don't the Republicans run someone who's mentally competent and denazify their party?

Denazify. 🙄

Trump is mentally competent though.  Much more than Biden and that's really all that matters.

I remember when my Grandpa had Alzheimer's. The dark blank look in his eyes at times.  Have you taken a look at Biden lately?  Same look.

No need to run anyone else when Biden is the one running.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IamCANADIAN013 said:

Denazify. 🙄

Trump is mentally competent though.  Much more than Biden and that's really all that matters.

I remember when my Grandpa had Alzheimer's. The dark blank look in his eyes at times.  Have you taken a look at Biden lately?  Same look.

I live with a wife who has FTD and I can tell you Trump has a lot of the signs of dementia. 

• ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, IamCANADIAN013 said:

Denazify. 🙄

What exactly about trump says mentally competent to you?

• Cheers 1

On 1/23/2024 at 8:49 AM, Warhippy said:

What exactly about trump says mentally competent to you?

Well I haven't seen him mumble incoherently through speeches.  I also haven't seen him wander off stage with a blank look in his eyes. Look, neither should even be running for President but here we are.  Biden has set the bar pretty low as far as competency goes at this point.

5 hours ago, IamCANADIAN013 said:

Well I haven't seen him mumble incoherently through speeches.  I also haven't seen him wander off stage with a blank look in his eyes. Look, neither should even be running for President but here we are.  Biden has set the bar pretty low as far as competency goes at this point.

Trump appears to be in it for what he can get. A lot of Americans can feel that things aren't going well for the USA and are prepared to look the other way when Trump chirps out a bunch of gobbly gook. I respect Biden for supporting Ukraine early on. That is what most Americans would agree with. What makes some Americans nervous is who is controlling Biden from behind the curtains? VP Harris has worse ratings than Biden and she is a heartbeat away from the Presidency. 

The leaky Mexican border is a big issue for most Americans, both DNC and GOP yet there is no deal to fix things. Both sides are playing politics. My hope is that there is a deal soon and that money and arms go to Ukraine. 

• Vintage 1