EMBELLISHMENT is ruining Hockey.

There is no reason that every penalty called could not be reviewed inside of one minute, by the official who called it ,  WITHOUT the assistance of other ON ICE officials.

Have another official in the box ready to hit the rewind / replay as soon as the whistle is blown,  and hand off to the on ice official that called it.

He does not need a headset or “prompts” to review what HE called.

Other Sports go on for more than the average time played in Hockey .

Hockey is Fast.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I couldn’t agree more. The only way to deter this is to have officials start calling the embellishment and not the infraction that led to the embellishment. As soon as these players start to put their teams shorthanded, embellishment would stop. 

Edited by Roger Neilsons Towel
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Any dive needs to be an automatic 5 and a game.

2nd offence- 1 game suspension

3rd offence - 5 game suspension

4th offence - suspended for remainder of season

5th offence - lifetime ban.

That would get rid of this garbage real quick.

• Cheers 1

In the WHL, they give a 2min penalty + an automatic 10 for embellishment. 

The NHL goes about it completely wrong. They call both and offset them. They need to start calling the embellishment only and that would actually punish the team that is flopping. But they rarely call the embellishment even. 

That being said when I was playing jrs, I got stuck out for like a 3 minute shift and some guy hit me really weak… and I fell(because I was too gassed and didn’t have the strength to keep standing) he got a penalty and was screaming at me on the bench for the first full minute of the penalty.
   I asked the coach if we were still on the PP with 7 seconds left if he could throw me out there. He did with 5s left so I went flying and intercepted the penalized player on the way to his bench for a line change and beat the ever loving Sh** out of him… and got the standard 5+10+2 that they give you for going after someone. 

Edited by Northern_Nuck
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Any dive needs to be an automatic 5 and a game.

2nd offence- 1 game suspension

3rd offence - 5 game suspension

4th offence - suspended for remainder of season

5th offence - lifetime ban.

That would get rid of this garbage real quick.

Heff !

lets graduate to this from my suggestion,.

and if mine isn’t working ,. 
by all means ,  “execute “ yours 😉 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Man you always have me agreeing with you in the first half's of things, and then you always go to the extreme at the end.

I was with you up until number 5. 

Was the 6th offence going to be execution?

😂

I highly doubt coaches will let it get to that point.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

But if they did…

image.gif.e7221b2d4a13327701b0d9a583f20b68.gif

NBA and MLB both have issued lifetime bans recently to protect the integrity of the sport.  It should absolutely be on the table for chronic offenders.

• Vintage 1

Just call the embellishment and not the other penalty. That should solve 90%+ of the issue. No one is gonna dive if it puts their team on the PK. They're still taking the chances because worst is it becomes 4v4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Nowhere in his post does it say we don’t. He says embellishment is ruining hockey. 

I love diving when our power play is clicking. 

The NHL needs to do something before this (embellishment) gets ingrained into the league the way it is in Soccer.   I watched about 15min of Euro earlier in the week and realized instantly why I quit watching that nonsense years ago.   I agree with others that one way to deal with this issue is at the amateur level so these players never learn these unfortunate habits. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NoHeart said:

We dive too

exactly what RogersTowel said.

This topic is about the game, rules, conduct of ALL players and it’s officiating .

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

The NHL needs to do something before this (embellishment) gets ingrained into the league the way it is in Soccer.   I watched about 15min of Euro earlier in the week and realized instantly why I quit watching that nonsense years ago.   I agree with others that one way to deal with this issue is at the amateur level so these players never learn these unfortunate habits. 

it’s a great start,   But at the NHL level, it needs to be addressed very soon.