[Speculation] TOR close to signing G Joseph Woll, per Kevin Weekes

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

apparently its our fault the Leafs will have a crappy defence again 😂

In other words, the Canucks inadvertently messed up the free-agent market by overpaying for Hronek. Now, just about every free-agent blue liner must be giddy with joy as their agents can use Hronek’s deal as a comparison.

So, how much would the Leafs have to pony up for someone like Chris Tanev or Brandon Montour? The issue is not paying players. The Leafs can afford it. The problem lies in the cap space it will take to get a top free-agent blue liner.

In short, the Toronto Maple Leafs will be in tough trying to sign a high-profile defenceman. 

https://editorinleaf.com/posts/filip-hronek-signing-bad-news-for-toronto-maple-leafs-01j0w55nv0p6

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

In other words, the Canucks inadvertently messed up the free-agent market by overpaying for Hronek. Now, just about every free-agent blue liner must be giddy with joy as their agents can use Hronek’s deal as a comparison.

So, how much would the Leafs have to pony up for someone like Chris Tanev or Brandon Montour? The issue is not paying players. The Leafs can afford it. The problem lies in the cap space it will take to get a top free-agent blue liner.

In short, the Toronto Maple Leafs will be in tough trying to sign a high-profile defenceman. 

https://editorinleaf.com/posts/filip-hronek-signing-bad-news-for-toronto-maple-leafs-01j0w55nv0p6

I don't even see Tanev as a comparable.

Montour was always going to get 8+, so nothing has changed.

• ThereItIs 1

38 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Hmm I always thought that they wrecked the market for everyone while overpaying (and setting comparisons for) forwards and then having no money for the rest of the team

That’s a lot of money for a soon 26 year old with only 36 career games under his belt and coming off his biggest work load yet of 25 games posting a .907 save percentage and injury struggles already…..yikes! Anyways yah hroneks deal sucks Toronto 🤣

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

The S in Leafs stands for scapegoat

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

My hatred for Toronto has subsided. It's all aimed at the Oilers and I have nothing left. Lol. 

39 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's okay, I got you

Fuck the Leafs

I have more than enough hatred in me to cover for you. Fuck the Oilers, fuck the Leafs, and fuck Deathrow.

• ThereItIs 1