[Speculation] Sharks Rumors: Calen Addison Done in San Jose 

Sharks Rumors: Calen Addison Done in San Jose 

Michael DeRosa Monday, June 24, 2024 

The San Jose Sharks have been quite busy already this offseason, and we are not even at the NHL Entry Draft yet. However, while this is the case, the Sharks are expected to continue to make changes to their group as they continue their rebuild.

Sharks GM Mike Grier confirmed that one of their restricted free agents won't be back, as he shared that the club won't be re-signing defenseman Calen Addison. 

Addison, 24, was acquired by the Sharks from the Minnesota Wild during the 2023-24 season in exchange for Adam Raska and a 2026 fifth-round pick. The hope was that the Brandon, Manitoba native would be an impactful offensive defenseman for the Sharks. However, he struggled following the move, posting one goal, 11 assists, and a minus-35 rating in 60 games.

While Addison struggled to fit into the Sharks' lineup, there should still be interest in him when he hits the market. When playing at his best, he provides solid offense from the point. Keep in mind, just back in 2022-23 with the Wild, Addison had three goals and 29 points in 62 games. 

Teams looking for a bit more offense should consider taking a flier on Addison this offseason. His past success and young age make him an intriguing target, and it will be interesting to see where he ends up landing from here.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/06/sharks-rumors-calen-addison-done-in-san.html

You can teach defence, but you can't teach offence.  This is a guy that could potentially flourish with Foote and Gonchar's coaching.  The right age for our group too.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You can teach defence, but you can't teach offence.  This is a guy that could potentially flourish with Foote and Gonchar's coaching.  The right age for our group too.

Definitely a guy I’d consider for a 1 year deal 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Right shot. Former Rutherford pick. One year league minimum? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Two teams giving up on him early tells me no. Minnesota basically gave him away for free (5th round pick and a C-tier forward prospect) and now San Jose won't qualify him. Doesn't seem like a guy anyone wants around and there's probably a reason.

1 minute ago, Diamonds said:

Two teams giving up on him early tells me no. Minnesota basically gave him away for free (5th round pick and a C-tier forward prospect) and now San Jose won't qualify him. Doesn't seem like a guy anyone wants around and there's probably a reason.

Forsling? 😆

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

3 teams gave up on a young defenseman called G. Forsling. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Devron said:

Nah this is Pouliot 2.0

Was my thought as well. I think we are beyond players like Poo-alot and other one dimensional hopefuls like that. This guy will find a spot on a cap strapped team hoping for a cheap puck mover on the blueline. Like Edmonton or Toronto.