[Trade] Ullmark to Ottawa

• Coconuts changed the title to [Trade] Ullmark to Ottawa
2 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

Boston plays a good defensive structure. Any goalie getting traded out is gonna regress big time.

Exactly! And Ottawa is terrible defensively. Ulmark will appear to be awful when actually it’s just the Ottawa top minute guys cheat more for offence than Horfat chasing a contract. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly! And Ottawa is terrible defensively. Ulmark will appear to be awful when actually it’s just the Ottawa top minute guys cheat more for offence than Horfat chasing a contract. 

I always thought he was a back up in starters clothing. 

• ThereItIs 1

I like this for Ottawa, they upgrade their goaltender & get out of 3Mx3 with Korpisalo for only the 25th pick? Great value.

I'm sure Boston can rehabilitate Korpisalo in their system, but feels like they let Ottawa off easy. They must like Korpi. 

Also love this happening right before game 7. Sure Gary's not happy but the season has dragged on way too long. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

I think Boston did well with this trade. Ottawa was bent over hard on this. Ullmark might not look so good with a porous defense.

I don't know, get a former Vezina winner & move a bad contract for just a late 1st? Feel like pretty good value. Worst case Ullmark moves on & you don't have that Korpisalo contract.

Ullmark was also good in Buffalo before coming to Boston, so I don't think his success was all just Boston's system.  

• Cheers 2

According to Friedman Ullmark doesn’t intend to immediately extend and instead will play out season to see how things transpire. Makes sense, and in that sense BOS did quite well, imho. Ullmark could potentially just be a rental for OTT and even devalue himself a bit if the team can’t perform in front of him. 

Funnily enough I traded for Swayman in my NHL 24 Ottawa franchise run. Because for some reason Ullmark wasn't on the block. How they managed this deal is kinda wild. Korpisalo is borderline a buyout candidate. Kastelic and a mid 20s 1st rounder is pretty underwhelming. 3mil backup goalie, maybe they try flip him?