[PROPOSAL] Pavel Buchnevich to Vancouver

Scouting report:

A 'do-it-all' forward for the Blues. 
Averages 20:00 TOI - Deployed in all situations - Produces offense at ES / PP / PK - Makes plays / threat off the rush and in small areas with his skill. 
Through 60GP he had produced 24G-24A and was a (+8) defensively. 
15G-20A at even strength 
7G-3A on the power-play
2 short handed goals - 1 short handed assist
5 game winning goals and 5 game winning assists

Signed through 24/25 season. Cap hit $5.8 million. Contract armed with a twelve team no-trade list.

To Vancouver:

Pavel Buchnevich 

To St. Louis:

Nils Höglander

Pius Suter

Ilya Mikheyev 

2025 1st round pick 

Podkolzin        Miller              Boeser 

Buchnevich    Pettersson      Lekkerimäki

Joshua           Blueger            Garland 

Duhaime        Stenlund          Karlsson 

Åman       

Hughes       Hronek 

Zadorov     Juulsen 

Soucy         Myers 

Kulikov       Friedman 

Demko     Silovs 

Cap works.  We dump Mikheyev to St. Louis and get Buchnevich. We sign Stenlund and Kulikov from Florida. We sign Duhaime. We re-sign Joshua, Myers and Zadorov. 

Buchnevich is perfect for our top 6 and a perfect winger for Petey.  This team can beat the Oilers and go for the Cup.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Scouting report:

Averages 20:00 TOI - Deployed in all situations - Produces offense at ES / PP / PK - Makes plays / threat off the rush and in small areas with his skill. 
15G-20A at even strength 
7G-3A on the power-play

Signed through 24/25 season. Cap hit $5.8 million. Contract armed with a twelve team no-trade list.

To Vancouver:

Pavel Buchnevich 

To St. Louis:

Nils Höglander

Pius Suter

Ilya Mikheyev 

2025 1st round pick 

Åman       

Hughes       Hronek 

Zadorov     Juulsen 

Soucy         Myers 

Kulikov       Friedman 

Demko     Silovs 

Cap works.  We dump Mikheyev to St. Louis and get Buchnevich. We sign Stenlund and Kulikov from Florida. We sign Duhaime. We re-sign Joshua, Myers and Zadorov. 

Buchnevich is perfect for our top 6 and a perfect winger for Petey.  This team can beat the Oilers and go for the Cup.  

He'd be a great add that for sure.   Would treat this trade as a rental, which it could be (what that would cost us)  a first, a prospect and a roster player.     Hogs as the prospect might work.    Depends if they are bullish on him or not.   Regardless, let's just say Hogs or a prospect, our third best one so D-Petey.     Suter is the only thing, I don't see why they'd want him too, and that's too much of a cap dump, feel they could do better somewhere else.    Add a 3rd rounder and remove Suter and could be a deal.    Suter as a warm body, could be traded elsewhere if we need his cap.   For a 6-7th. 

This trade really should be a trade and sign.   He's 29.   6.5 x 6 should do it.    We could put a conditional first rounder if we go to the final?   Or win the cup?   Give them something else.   @Elias Pettersson, great target.   

Edit:  As for both players MNTC,  who knows which teams both Russians will add.    

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Scouting report:

15G-20A at even strength 
7G-3A on the power-play

To Vancouver:

Pavel Buchnevich 

To St. Louis:

Nils Höglander

Pius Suter

Ilya Mikheyev 

2025 1st round pick 

Åman       

Hughes       Hronek 

Zadorov     Juulsen 

Soucy         Myers 

Kulikov       Friedman 

Demko     Silovs 

Not bad Petey, though I keep seeing folks thinking Podkolzin is going to be a real hot commodity at the NHL level. Don't see it, and he's been here a while.

Believe it or not, I still think Hoglander is a gamer and can grow.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

He'd be a great add that for sure.   Would treat this trade as a rental, which it could be (what that would cost us)  a first, a prospect and a roster player.     Hogs as the prospect might work.    Depends if they are bullish on him or not.   Regardless, let's just say Hogs or a prospect, our third best one so D-Petey.     Suter is the only thing, I don't see why they'd want him too, and that's too much of a cap dump, feel they could do better somewhere else.    Add a 3rd rounder and remove Suter and could be a deal.    Suter as a warm body, could be traded elsewhere if we need his cap.   For a 6-7th. 

This trade really should be a trade and sign.   He's 29.   6.5 x 6 should do it.    We could put a conditional first rounder if we go to the final?   Or win the cup?   Give them something else.   @Elias Pettersson, great target.   

Edit:  As for both players MNTC,  who knows which teams both Russians will add.    

Suter only makes $1.6 million and provides far more value with his all around play than just a 6th or 7th rd pick.

2 hours ago, boziffous said:

Suter only makes $1.6 million and provides far more value with his all around play than just a 6th or 7th rd pick.

There are a lot of Suters available for free.  

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Scouting report:

15G-20A at even strength 
7G-3A on the power-play

To Vancouver:

Pavel Buchnevich 

To St. Louis:

Nils Höglander

Pius Suter

Ilya Mikheyev 

2025 1st round pick 

Åman       

Hughes       Hronek 

Zadorov     Juulsen 

Soucy         Myers 

Kulikov       Friedman 

Demko     Silovs 

Only thing with this is when you break it apart, it doesn't look very favourable for STL unless they feel there's value in Mikheyev.

To dump Mikheyev, we figure it'd cost a 1st.

So Mikheyev + 1st is zero value for STL.  They're taking on Mik and being paid a 1st to do so.

That leaves Hoglander + Suter for Buchnevich.... not sure that's enough value there for STL.

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

There are a lot of Suters available for free.  

I usually agree with a lot of your takes, but I feel like your undervaluing Suter and the value he brings to the team at just $1.6 million. Sure you could grab a free agent for just the cost of signing them, but I think it would be hard to find one that can do what Suter does for $1.6 mil or less.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Only thing with this is when you break it apart, it doesn't look very favourable for STL unless they feel there's value in Mikheyev.

To dump Mikheyev, we figure it'd cost a 1st.

So Mikheyev + 1st is zero value for STL.  They're taking on Mik and being paid a 1st to do so.

That leaves Hoglander + Suter for Buchnevich.... not sure that's enough value there for STL.

It’s not going to cost a 1st to move Mikheyev. Goodrow was picked up for free. A second would easily do it. Mikheyev with Höglander as a sweetener easily gets a deal done. So it’s a 1st plus Suter for Buchnevich. With an extension in place I’d easily add another pick or prospect. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It’s not going to cost a 1st to move Mikheyev. Goodrow was picked up for free. A second would easily do it. Mikheyev with Höglander as a sweetener easily gets a deal done. So it’s a 1st plus Suter for Buchnevich. With an extension in place I’d easily add another pick or prospect. 

Suter + 1st for Buchnevich?  I don't think that's fair value ... I think you'd have to add one of our better prospects.  DPetey might work... but the thing is, if Buchnevich was gonna be sold, pretty sure another team would outbid us.  A near 30 goal guy that puts up 60+ points and plays in all situations for $5.8M?  Every contender would be knocking on the door. 

Suter + DPetey + 1st would be a pretty weak proposal compared to others I think.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Suter + 1st for Buchnevich?  I don't think that's fair value ... I think you'd have to add one of our better prospects.  DPetey might work... but the thing is, if Buchnevich was gonna be sold, pretty sure another team would outbid us.  A near 30 goal guy that puts up 60+ points and plays in all situations for $5.8M?  Every contender would be knocking on the door. 

Suter + DPetey + 1st would be a pretty weak proposal compared to others I think.

You are describing Lindholm as well aren’t you?  What did Lindholm go for?  Kuzmenko/Mikheyev. 1st/1st. Brust/4th/Jurmo - Höglander/Suter. The trade is almost identical. Like I said I’d add another pick or prospect to get the deal done with an extension.  But it wouldn’t be D-Petey. 

Now that I think about it, we should have done the Lindholm deal to get Buchnevich. He’s still be on the team now. Fuck. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You are describing Lindholm as well aren’t you?  What did Lindholm go for?  Kuzmenko/Mikheyev. 1st/1st. Brust/4th/Jurmo - Höglander/Suter. The trade is almost identical. Like I said I’d add another pick or prospect to get the deal done with an extension.  But it wouldn’t be D-Petey. 

Now that I think about it, we should have done the Lindholm deal to get Buchnevich. He’s still be on the team now. Fuck. 

That's fair, but like I said, it's IF STL sees value in Mikheyev.  Calgary absolutely saw value in Kuzmenko.  He landed in their top 6 immediately.  That's the only difference I'm seeing here. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's fair, but like I said, it's IF STL sees value in Mikheyev.  Calgary absolutely saw value in Kuzmenko.  He landed in their top 6 immediately.  That's the only difference I'm seeing here. 

I'm pretty sure I made a proposal on the old forum for Buchnevich last year.  Not sure if they would have taken Kuzmenko, but that Lindholm package for Buchnevich would have been perfect.  And he'd be on the team now.  The only issue I guess is that our cap would be screwed unless we move Mikheyev, which hasn't happened yet.  So, they took the lesser risk and went for Lindholm on an expiring contract.