(Trade) Detroit Trades Jake Walman to San Jose

9 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

why are wings dumping all their RD ?

what's the problem with Walman ? why did DET have to attach a 2nd and cap dump him, I thought he was good 

Mind boggling to me that they are willing to spend money on Petry, Holl, Chiarot and dumping younger D like Hronek and Walman.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Morgan Rielly  & Jake McCabe are legit top 2 defenders as are Evan Bouchard and Mattias Ekholm. You can have your opinion on this but the majority will disagree with you if you say otherwise 

I figure most don’t take the hyperbole seriously. 

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Morgan Rielly  & Jake McCabe are legit top 2 defenders as are Evan Bouchard and Mattias Ekholm. You can have your opinion on this but the majority will disagree with you if you say otherwise 

Neither Rielly or Bouchard belong in the NHL with their refusal to stop playing like trash in their own zone.

24 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Seems like a high price to dump Walman.

Yeah, this is a weird one. It’s what we paid to shed Dickinson, but I thought Walman was fairly decent.

Unless the “future considerations” are something legit (like SJ agreeing to a future deal of some sort).

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

Yeah, this is a weird one. It’s what we paid to shed Dickinson, but I thought Walman was fairly decent.

Unless the “future considerations” are something legit (like SJ agreeing to a future deal of some sort).

It’s got the rest of the league’s fan bases confused as well (including Detroit) 

1 hour ago, RJCF96 said:

Mind boggling to me that they are willing to spend money on Petry, Holl, Chiarot and dumping younger D like Hronek and Walman.

Narratives turn onto fact.

Detroit wasn't shopping Hronek. Allvin recognized that Detroit was taking a step back and weren't quite ready to compete and made them an offer. He dangled a pick that had the potential to become an unprotected 1st.

This cap dump is a signal to UFAs that he believes that they are close and will pursue top players to bolster the team to a competitive level.

I predict that Detroit is in the Playoffs next year.

yzerman is so overrated

trades for Walman, than signs him to 3.4 million contract after only logging 74 NHL career games.

than has to pay a 2nd round draft pick to unload him

I can't believe 1.5 years ago everyone on the old CDC got drunk on the Yzerman Kool-Aid while calling our management group idiots for overpaying for Hronek

they have 12 players under contract and only 32M in cap space. They only have two Top 6 Forwards (DeBrincat and Larkin) and they have a 15M 3rd line

8 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Narratives turn onto fact.

Detroit wasn't shopping Hronek. Allvin recognized that Detroit was taking a step back and weren't quite ready to compete and made them an offer. He dangled a pick that had the potential to become an unprotected 1st.

This cap dump is a signal to UFAs that he believes that they are close and will pursue top players to bolster the team to a competitive level.

I predict that Detroit is in the Playoffs next year.

except they have glaring holes in their line up that that 32M of cap space won't even come close to fixing.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Detroit now has almost $33 million in cap space...

Jake Guentzel

Patrick Kane

Dakota Joshua

Moritz Seider

Lucas Raymond

I would say $33 million is enough for all of them.  Detroit could be good next year...

but what would DET offer Jake - 10 million ?

DET - not a contender, crap place to live

would you fo to VAN for 9.5 or DET for 10???

3 minutes ago, bh90 said:

yzerman is so overrated

trades for Walman, than signs him to 3.4 million contract after only logging 74 NHL career games.

than has to pay a 2nd round draft pick to unload him

I can't believe 1.5 years ago everyone on the old CDC got drunk on the Yzerman Kool-Aid while calling our management group idiots for overpaying for Hronek

they have 12 players under contract and only 32M in cap space. They only have two Top 6 Forwards (DeBrincat and Larkin) and they have a 15M 3rd line

meanwhile Hronek is going to be a top 2 D man for us for next 6 years at least then a top 4 for the last 2 years of his deal 

• Cheers 1

They ran like 4 or 5 LHD last season. I am not a huge proponent of that working. So it makes sense to move one for cap. But this does tell us that at a minimum it'll cost us a 2nd rounder to move Mikheyev. Walman had more goals than Mikheyev did last year, in 16 fewer games played. And his cap hit is lower than Mikheyev's. Lol.

6 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

but what would DET offer Jake - 10 million ?

DET - not a contender, crap place to live

would you fo to VAN for 9.5 or DET for 10???

people underestimate Detroit. I used to go there all the time. Great fun city. 

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

people underestimate Detroit. I used to go there all the time. Great fun city. 

well when you get paid millions you tend to want a good place

With a crime rate of 66 per one thousand residents, Detroit has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 15.

Table 2 (below) shows poverty rates by working status and educational attainment for the United States, Michigan, and the city of Detroit. 2 In 2022, Detroit had a poverty rate of 33.8%, approximately 2.5 times higher than Michigan's poverty rate of 13.4%.

1 minute ago, Lemon Face said:

They had been ready for a few years now.Nothing happens

This is the 1st year in a long time that they just about made the playoffs.  They've been bottom feeding for several years.