(Trade) Detroit Trades Jake Walman to San Jose

Just now, HKSR said:

This is the 1st year in a long time that they just about made the playoffs.  They've been bottom feeding for several years.

However popular and good,there GM kind off lost in translation.

37 minutes ago, bh90 said:

well when you get paid millions you tend to want a good place

With a crime rate of 66 per one thousand residents, Detroit has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 15.

Table 2 (below) shows poverty rates by working status and educational attainment for the United States, Michigan, and the city of Detroit. 2 In 2022, Detroit had a poverty rate of 33.8%, approximately 2.5 times higher than Michigan's poverty rate of 13.4%.

Detroit's nicer areas are fine.  Just need to stay out of the hood, same as most cities.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

• Pears changed the title to (Trade) Detroit Trades Jake Walman to San Jose
1 hour ago, bh90 said:

well when you get paid millions you tend to want a good place

With a crime rate of 66 per one thousand residents, Detroit has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 15.

Table 2 (below) shows poverty rates by working status and educational attainment for the United States, Michigan, and the city of Detroit. 2 In 2022, Detroit had a poverty rate of 33.8%, approximately 2.5 times higher than Michigan's poverty rate of 13.4%.

Wonder how many NHL players in Detroit live in poverty. This is the US. Cities are horrible shitholes and towers of Babel at the same time. 
The downtown has undergone a major rejuvenation and the district around Joe Louis is a lot of fun. I go to concerts there all the time because it is half to a quarter of the price of going to Toronto (same distance for me). Great fun. They have a fun downtown party district, some great venues and restaurants and is very reasonably priced. 
‘Stats are nice but I will give you the personal experience of someone who has spent a lot of time there and really likes the city.  
That being said there are lots of places I wouldn’t go, but that is true of all US cities. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bh90 said:

except they have glaring holes in their line up that that 32M of cap space won't even come close to fixing.

A couple of top end players would totally change the make up of their team. I stand by my prediction.

Sure looks like Yzerman will be spending big on July 1. i actually think he might go after Lindholm and not Guentzel. I think it's their center position that needs help. After Larkin went down with injury last season, their team basically collapsed and lost a bunch of games. I'm not sure if Compher should remain as their 2C. Kasper probably isn't ready to move up and take on that role yet. Plus Detroit's biggest issue last year wasn't scoring. Getting a defensively responsible 2C who can win faceoffs will probably better fit their needs.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, canucks curse said:

but Walman is good....

wasn't he the reason they traded Hronek so they could pay Walman?

I read a couple comments from DET fans who say personal issues are involved. If not , Stevie Y defenders have some heavy lifting to do.

Walman was involved in all the games we played against him. We should try and get him. As long as he doesn't do that lame dance 

21 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Detroit now has almost $33 million in cap space...

Jake Guentzel

Patrick Kane

Dakota Joshua

Moritz Seider

Lucas Raymond

I would say $33 million is enough for all of them.  Detroit could be good next year...

They could have done that and kept Walman. 

Personal issues must be involved. If Walman was known to be available in a vaccume, he would get offeres. Like Podkolzin or a 3rd. 

Edited by Blue