[Speculation] Ducks are ramping up Gibson talks

Waited too long. Ottawa and New Jersey made their moves. Goalie market drying up. But I guess that might work to their favor. Any remaining team looking for a tendie will overpay for the only one left. But we'll see how much he even has left in the tank. They wasted his prime, it's actually sad. He is much better than his numbers suggest. But that team is cheeks and never bothered to build around him and waited too long to trade him. Should have traded him 2 years ago.

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Waited too long. Ottawa and New Jersey made their moves. Goalie market drying up. But I guess that might work to their favor. Any remaining team looking for a tendie will overpay for the only one left. But we'll see how much he even has left in the tank. They wasted his prime, it's actually sad. He is much better than his numbers suggest. But that team is cheeks and never bothered to build around him and waited too long to trade him. Should have traded him 2 years ago.

They did wait too long, should have moved him at least a couple years ago

We'll see what happens with him though, he deserves a shot elsewhere

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Wonder if Pittsburgh is still interested or if they're just gonna keep strolling for the future instead. Can see Philly maybe being interested. I know they have that giant Russian, but might be better not to have all your eggs in one basket. Do the caps re-invest in trying to compete after the PLD deal and grab a goalie? Lol. I dunno. It's probably some weird team I am overlooking. Detroit could really use a goalie and probably has the assets for the best offer.

16 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Wonder if Pittsburgh is still interested or if they're just gonna keep strolling for the future instead. Can see Philly maybe being interested. I know they have that giant Russian, but might be better not to have all your eggs in one basket. Do the caps re-invest in trying to compete after the PLD deal and grab a goalie? Lol. I dunno. It's probably some weird team I am overlooking. Detroit could really use a goalie and probably has the assets for the best offer.

I think Detroit's the best bet, didn't Pittsburgh just extend Jarry last offseason?

Although I suppose he could also be moved

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/pittsburgh-penguins/latest-news/pittsburgh-penguins-place-tristan-jarry-trade-block

Just now, Coconuts said:

I think Detroit's the best bet, didn't Pittsburgh just extend Jarry last offseason?

Although I suppose he could also be moved

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/pittsburgh-penguins/latest-news/pittsburgh-penguins-place-tristan-jarry-trade-block

Did they? I must have missed it. Or knowing me forgot. I just remember they were contemplating going after Demko when we sucked ass cause of Jarry's contract status. So yeah, Pittsburgh is probably out of the running if Jarry got his extension.