Glen Sather announces retirement

Guy built a rep- a lot of it by being extremely lucky with the draft for a few years-then getting Wayne was the last piece.

kind of like how the current Oilers- extremely lucky/high, high draft picks.

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Guy built a rep- a lot of it by being extremely lucky with the draft for a few years-then getting Wayne was the last piece.

kind of like how the current Oilers- extremely lucky/high, high draft picks.

I liked how he cried about the big market teams making it hard to do his job for a small market like Edmonton but as soon as he became the GM of the Rangers he spent money like a drunken sailor.  Course, he failed there because he didn't have an amateur superscout like Fraser anymore.  He raided our roster by offering Malik a huge contract after he won the Emery Edge award.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/26/2024 at 11:38 AM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I liked how he cried about the big market teams making it hard to do his job for a small market like Edmonton but as soon as he became the GM of the Rangers he spent money like a drunken sailor.  Course, he failed there because he didn't have an amateur superscout like Fraser anymore.  He raided our roster by offering Malik a huge contract after he won the Emery Edge award.

The Emery Edge Award.  Now that's a name I have not heard in a long time.

I don't think it has been called that since 1988 or so but I still think of it as the EE myself.  They should rename it the Larry Robinson Trophy (+722 career) or something though now that it is just called the Plus Minus Award or whatever.

• Cheers 1