Four new rule changes have apparently been ratified

Don't like rule 3 much. It's too easy to have the net come off if you have to hug the post on those tight angle shots.

Seem to recall this being an issue for Demmer.

1 hour ago, Canuck You said:

How about actually suspending players...For you know, Shit like this...?

416207.thumb.webp.fef1967c9533966fcc21a5bb71536d0d.webp

Douche move. And some posters on here wonder why we hated on that slag team and it's kneepad media.

Edited by Rekker

On 6/26/2024 at 3:06 PM, Kragar said:

Don't like rule 3 much. It's too easy to have the net come off if you have to hug the post on those tight angle shots.

I think it’s ok though. It’s not like it’s a penalty. Makes sense that if it’s your fault you get punished for it. Just prevents a player or a goalie doing it ‘accidentally on purpose’ to get a whistle for a change if they are tired. 

10 minutes ago, Pianoman said:

I think it’s ok though. It’s not like it’s a penalty. Makes sense that if it’s your fault you get punished for it. Just prevents a player or a goalie doing it ‘accidentally on purpose’ to get a whistle for a change if they are tired. 

Yep, the underlying purpose is good.

It's just that the posts are made so easy to dislodge for player safety, that I wonder how often a team (especially ours, given how often it seems Demko does this) will get hit with it in cases when it truly is accidental.

Assumes that it is generally an accident when it happens with Demko. If it is deliberate more often than not, then he needs to watch out.

On 6/26/2024 at 3:06 PM, Kragar said:

I think it's fine

The whistle needs to be blown down on this anyways. The defending team just can't change and the offensive team gets to choose the side

No penalty is called

20 minutes ago, Johnny said:

I think it's fine

The whistle needs to be blown down on this anyways. The defending team just can't change and the offensive team gets to choose the side

No penalty is called

And not having the chance to change can be important.

Odds are, it evens out and is not a big deal. If only it wasn't so easy to have happen.

If it is done deliberately, it's a penalty. If it's an accident, it's an accident and there shouldn't be consequences. But maybe this really is a good idea... I guess this will help cut down on "accidents" :classic_biggrin: