[Signing] Canucks extend Blueger

That is a tidy bit of business.  He earned a pay raise and took a pay cut.  I can imagine some team would have offered him half a million more a year as a UFA.  If only Joshua spiral follow suit and sign a $2.5 million AAV deal!  Then maybe we have dollars to throw around on top six upgrades.

If we can upgrade and he moves down as veteran leadership on a 4th line it is great and bodes well for depth and rolling 12forwards… if he is our 3C, he is still really solid.

I don’t know that this really impacts any Lindholm decisions or plans.  If we did manage to sign him, it would likely be to play with Petterson most of the time.

Guentzel-Petterson-Toffoli or (Petterson-Lindholm-Toffoli)

Podkolzin-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Suter-Garland

Duhaime-Blueger-Karlsson

PDG

Would be nice if they could sort that and still have a defence.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Provost said:

That is a tidy bit of business.

If we can upgrade and he moves down as veteran leadership on a 4th line it is great and bodes well for depth and rolling 12forwards… if he is our 3C, he is still really solid.

I don’t know that this really impacts any Lindholm decisions or plans.  If we did manage to sign him, it would likely be to play with Petterson most of the time.

Lindholm is gone let gooo