[Signing] Canucks extend Blueger

25 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

How's the WSOP going?

Today is my first tournament, Seniors High Roller. On second break with just over starting stack of 50k. Was down to 9,500 on first break

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Can't bitch about that. Great value, great term. Tidy piece of work by Allvin and a great precedent by Blueger to sign for under market value. This is how championships are won. 

Agree 100%

37 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Blueger at $1.8 million is good value even as a 4C. Which leads me to believe we might be chasing a 3C right shot centre. 

Kevin Stenlund had a great playoffs with Florida. He’s 6’4” 210 pounds and is a good skater. He’s also great on faceoffs. And is Swedish too. I’d go hard after him to be our new 3C/4C depending on what Tocchet wants to do. 

He'd look good in the bottom 6

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Great to hear this

Whatever we do and whoever we sign I'm confident our team will have players that prioritize environment and winning and that will bode well for our success.

We don't need guys that only care about $

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Bar setting contract and perhaps more importantly, a bar setting comment from Teddy. The timing of this announcement was purposeful by Canucks brass. Setting the tone of how the next week will unfold.

Masterclass JR and PA!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

After Blueger's signing....WOW Cap friendly updates it's figures immediately  

PROJECTED CAP SPACE Tooltip : $14,253,333

CAP HIT OF LTIR CANDIDATES Tooltip : $2,500,000

CAP SPACE WITH LTIR CANDIDATES Tooltip : $16,753,333

Spend wisely JR & PA

Big Zeke $5M AAV

Our Loveable Giraffe $3M AAV ... or Someone like Dillon

Top six to play with Petey $9M AAV

That is $17M

Punt Mik which I believe PA will do without attaching a massive asset

A couple step up from Abby

Leaves about $4M to bring on Silovs and bank a bit.

Management has been very competent and would not be surprised if the big 3 up top had values shaved a bit.

Am I missing something? Yes tight and right up against the cap without much room. 

Dark horse is trading Poolman off to ???

Edited by Rocket-68

19 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Big Zeke $5M AAV

Our Loveable Giraffe $3M AAV ... or Someone like Dillon

Top six to play with Petey $9M AAV

That is $17M

Punt Mik which I believe PA will do without attaching a massive asset

A couple step up from Abby

Leaves about $4M to bring on Silovs and bank a bit.

Management has been very competent and would not be surprised if the big 3 up top had values shaved a bit.

Am I missing something? Yes tight and right up against the cap without much room. 

Dark horse is trading Poolman off to ???

Right now we have: 17.7M in Cap Space.

So to sign Z at 5 Myers at 3 and Guentzel at 9 

You have 0.7M to sign:

Silovs and have 1 single depth league min forward

So right now that plan with those numbers dont exactly work I think.

I do not think we have the appetite to use assets to move Mik money without taking money back. Walman a young, LHD who has shown he can score required a 2nd Round pick and his contract was less than Mikehyevs. I just dont see it happening It would be incredible if they did though.

EDIT: Well just saw a tweet from Friedman saying canucks and Blackhawks could be doing a move of Mikehyev + rights to sam Lafferty for the cost of a 2nd Round pick...

thats interesting sucks to lose more 2nd round picks tho but if it costs mik and a 2nd to keep zadorov prolly worth it

Edited by R3aL
  • Cheers 1

We have $16,753,333 in cap space to sign 2 forwards and 3 defencemen. Silovs salary should be close to Tolopilo's salary which is already on the cap.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

We have $16,753,333 in cap space to sign 2 forwards and 3 defencemen. Silovs salary should be close to Tolopilo's salary which is already on the cap.

Zadorov, Debrusk ,

Myers / or Gostibehere , or perhaps both if looking at Ghost’s last contract (4.125?)

Sure he wouldn’t mind a crack at the cup rather than get caught in the rebuild of Detroit..  I here Ken Holland might go back there to help Yzerman out.

5 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Right now we have: 17.7M in Cap Space.

So to sign Z at 5 Myers at 3 and Guentzel at 9 

You have 0.7M to sign:

Silovs and have 1 single depth league min forward

So right now that plan with those numbers dont exactly work I think.

I do not think we have the appetite to use assets to move Mik money without taking money back. Walman a young, LHD who has shown he can score required a 2nd Round pick and his contract was less than Mikehyevs. I just dont see it happening It would be incredible if they did though.

Thanks, one thing that can be done is sliding in performance bonuses to help out this year, although that just kicks the can down the road ... I.e., Gunner gets $6M plus a performance bonus of $3M if he plays 5 games and scores 10 goals. 

Not a prudent way to handle cap, just ask Edmonton. 

Thankfully PA /  JR have given us every reason to trrust in them. I don't see Zeke leaving, less sure on our Giraffe though. Money will be found as I don't see the moves made, making and to be made as pointing to anything other than going for it next couple of years or so.

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Thanks, one thing that can be done is sliding in performance bonuses to help out this year, although that just kicks the can down the road ... I.e., Gunner gets $6M plus a performance bonus of $3M if he plays 5 games and scores 10 goals. 

Not a prudent way to handle cap, just ask Edmonton. 

Thankfully PA /  JR have given us every reason to trrust in them. I don't see Zeke leaving, less sure on our Giraffe though. Money will be found as I don't see the moves made, making and to be made as pointing to anything other than going for it next couple of years or so.

I just edited my response to you but Friedman tweeted saying we might have a trade in the works of rights of sam Lafferty plus mikahyev to Chicago using a 2nd round pick as a sweetener

The cost to keep zadorov is a 2nd and mik I do it even though I am sick of trading seconds

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

^^^^

LoL, was literally about to post same here. WOW if true and if this gets the pieces to get us to the big dance then no one will care about the "sweeteners" added to move Mik. There is more in the works ... I don't think PA / JR would mortgage next 10 years just at a chance this next year nor will they allow regression. Happy medium to be found.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1