[Signing] Canucks extend Blueger

Just now, R3aL said:

I just edited my response to you but Friedman tweeted saying we might have a trade in the works of rights of sam Lafferty plus mikahyev to Chicago using a 2nd round pick as a sweetener

The cost to keep zadorov is a 2nd and mik I do it even though I am sick of trading seconds

throw in the signing rights to Gostibehere and fly him out to meet the Coaches / facilities/ and area .. preferably on a sunny day ! Lol 

41 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

"Obviously the staff the way we get treated."   I've heard other players echo this sentiment. It's totally counter the to media clowns claim that Allvin and co. threaten to trade players if they don't sign.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Right now we have: 17.7M in Cap Space.

So to sign Z at 5 Myers at 3 and Guentzel at 9 

You have 0.7M to sign:

Silovs and have 1 single depth league min forward

So right now that plan with those numbers dont exactly work I think.

I do not think we have the appetite to use assets to move Mik money without taking money back. Walman a young, LHD who has shown he can score required a 2nd Round pick and his contract was less than Mikehyevs. I just dont see it happening It would be incredible if they did though.

According to Cap Friendly we have $14,253,333 to work with right now. After Poolman moves to LTIR we have $16,753,333

PROJECTED CAP SPACE Tooltip : $14,253,333

CAP HIT OF LTIR CANDIDATES Tooltip : $2,500,000

CAP SPACE WITH LTIR CANDIDATES Tooltip : $16,753,333

I think your number is a million over what Cap Friendly is reporting.  

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

throw in the signing rights to Gostibehere and fly him out to meet the Coaches / facilities/ and area .. preferably on a sunny day ! Lol 

Im confused ahah how's Shayne fit in the equation?

24 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Right now we have: 17.7M in Cap Space.

So to sign Z at 5 Myers at 3 and Guentzel at 9 

You have 0.7M to sign:

Silovs and have 1 single depth league min forward

So right now that plan with those numbers dont exactly work I think.

I do not think we have the appetite to use assets to move Mik money without taking money back. Walman a young, LHD who has shown he can score required a 2nd Round pick and his contract was less than Mikehyevs. I just dont see it happening It would be incredible if they did though.

EDIT: Well just saw a tweet from Friedman saying canucks and Blackhawks could be doing a move of Mikehyev + rights to sam Lafferty for the cost of a 2nd Round pick...

thats interesting sucks to lose more 2nd round picks tho but if it costs mik and a 2nd to keep zadorov prolly worth it

Please let it be a 2026 or 2027 2nd round pick...Please, Please, Please LOL

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

Bar setting contract and perhaps more importantly, a bar setting comment from Teddy. The timing of this announcement was purposeful by Canucks brass. Setting the tone of how the next week will unfold.

Masterclass JR and PA!!

Exactly what I was thinking. Sign a player who deserved a raise to a lower contract and have presser emphasizing the good culture and how close to being a contender they can be, really sets the bar for Zads and Daks. Sign or miss out on the celebration next year or the following. Or both 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

"Obviously the staff the way we get treated."   I've heard other players echo this sentiment. It's totally counter the to media clowns claim that Allvin an co. threaten to trade players if they don't sign.

… those are not related things, so a weird take on your part.

It isn’t a “threat” any more than an agent having a high asking price during negotiations.  

14 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

According to Cap Friendly we have $14,253,333 to work with right now. After Poolman moves to LTIR we have $16,753,333

PROJECTED CAP SPACE Tooltip : $14,253,333

CAP HIT OF LTIR CANDIDATES Tooltip : $2,500,000

CAP SPACE WITH LTIR CANDIDATES Tooltip : $16,753,333

I think your number is a million over what Cap Friendly is reporting.  

You need to take Tolopilo’s salary off that as both he and Silovs wouldn’t be on the roster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

… those are not related things, so a weird take on your part.

It isn’t a “threat” any more than an agent having a high asking price during negotiations.  

Haha, you weirdly feel the need to defend the negative media clowns.

9 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Sign a player who deserved a raise to a lower contract and have presser emphasizing the good culture and how close to being a contender they can be, really sets the bar for Zads and Daks. Sign or miss out on the celebration next year or the following. Or both 

Meanwhile EP is just:

Make It Rain Money GIF

this is just more tidy business for this management.  Glad they didn't sit on Mik hoping he would elevate his game.  If he does on another team, good for him.  But right now having guys like the big Z on this team provides a greater need and bigger entertainment.

To those who think players don't take less to help a team become a winner......thank you Blueger.

Edited by NHL97OneTimer

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Awesome news.

Now if we can get Zad and Myers I will be happy.

Looks like the media is leaning towards a deal not happening:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-could-lose-tyler-myers-free-agency

Hopefully they get it done.  Myers was overpaid for a bunch of years, so hopefully he's reasonable and hopefully management can put together something that's respectable too.  A three year deal at $3-3.5M/yr should be appropriate I would think.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Im confused ahah how's Shayne fit in the equation?

He’s a UFA .

We may have traded Mikheyev there with Lafferty for our 2nd rounder.

I was hoping we’d also get his signing rights  til UFA July 1st.  To at least try.

2 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Looks like the media is leaning towards a deal not happening:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-could-lose-tyler-myers-free-agency

Hopefully they get it done.  Myers was overpaid for a bunch of years, so hopefully he's reasonable and hopefully management can put together something that's respectable too.  A three year deal at $3-3.5M/yr should be appropriate I would think.

I think Myers could be 2. _

• Cheers 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

I think Myers could be 2. _

If he'd sign that, perfect.  I think he's worth more than that on the open market, but given the last few years and his hope to remain in Vancouver, it would be really helpful if it were under 3.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Zeke, Meyers and Gunner incoming .. LOL ... would you do the deal below?

image.png.d21d91f83913c852139cf0f5b4017984.png

Really it is dropping just over a round, I do that all day long.

We will be at late 2nd in the 55-60th pick range… their pick will be a high 4th so in the 100th pick range.

• Cheers 3

I'm a little surprised he took a little less than he made last year. Wonder if it's because it's a 2 year deal. Either way, I'm happy. Now, GET ZADOROV SIGNED!!!!!!!

• Cheers 1