[Signing] Canucks extend Blueger

13 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Zeke, Meyers and Gunner incoming .. LOL ... would you do the deal below?

image.png.d21d91f83913c852139cf0f5b4017984.png

If you're going to get that done, without any retention, I take that and run!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Zeke, Meyers and Gunner incoming .. LOL ... would you do the deal below?

image.png.d21d91f83913c852139cf0f5b4017984.png

This is a wildly advantageous trade for the Canucks. Easy call particularly if the Chicago 4th is this year (our second in 2025 of course).

• Cheers 1

Just now, gwarrior said:

If you're going to get that done, without any retention, I take that and run!!!!!

And isn’t Bluegar signing for less AAV? Allvin keeps Bluegar and clears five mil in cap. That’s a good job. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And isn’t Bluegar signing for less AAV? Allvin keeps Bluegar and clears five mil in cap. That’s a good job. 

Yep. He's taking 100k less to stay. If they move Mikheyev, how long before we here Zadorov has re signed?

• Cheers 1

Just now, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

Is anyone else surprised by this signing. I thought Suter might get the 3rd line role or give some one from Abby a shot. 1.8million seems like a lot if Suter can fill in. I'd rather money spent on top 6 wingers

We need solid Cs on lines 1-4. 

Blueger at 1.8 is good 4th line money and he has shown he can step in as a 3C.  It is more than fair money. 

Abby guys are no guarantee, make for good depth with injuries and the only natural Cs are Aman and Raty.   C is a bigger jump to the NHL than wing. 

The wingers in Abby are more closer than Raty and Aman can play all positions. Where we go cheaper is on the bottom 6 wings. 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We need solid Cs on lines 1-4. 

Blueger at 1.8 is good 4th line money and he has shown he can step in as a 3C.  It is more than fair money. 

Abby guys are no guarantee, make for good depth with injuries and the only natural Cs are Aman and Raty.   C is a bigger jump to the NHL than wing. 

The wingers in Abby are more closer than Raty and Aman can play all positions. Where we go cheaper is on the bottom 6 wings. 

If they do trade Mik this make more sense if not I wouldn't have tied cap up with Blueger when Suter can play 3c and Aman can play 4 C

15 minutes ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

If they do trade Mik this make more sense if not I wouldn't have tied cap up with Blueger when Suter can play 3c and Aman can play 4 C

Blueger is a way better C than Aman. If injuries happen we wouldn’t have the depth. Aman is there for injuries, he is still young too and has room to grow. 

Always need C depth. Having all 4 of Bleuger/Petey/Miller and Suter was a big part of our success last year. 

1.8 for a veteran bottom 6 right shot C who would be on most playoff teams is pretty good and cheap. 

It makes sense either way. 

Love the signing really could have a 3rd line of Suter Bluger Garland if DJ doesn't comeback.  I'm counting on Hogs to improve from last season and Podz look good when he came up this year just need his offensive skills to do some work now.

4 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

this is just more tidy business for this management.  Glad they didn't sit on Mik hoping he would elevate his game.  If he does on another team, good for him.  But right now having guys like the big Z on this team provides a greater need and bigger entertainment.

To those who think players don't take less to help a team become a winner......thank you Blueger.

nicely-done.gif

Very good deal for us. As much as he wasn't putting up much in the way of goals, he was an important piece to that third line doing as well as it did. Being able to keep at least 2/3rds of the pieces together will help with the transition into next season.

17 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

nicely-done.gif

Yeah, some of the players like Miller have taken 'discounts' to remain with the team. Wish more of the stars would take more discounts, so that they could win, like Florida. How much is Matthew Tkachuk making? Less than 10m? 9.5m? 

4 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

‘Need to find a Right shot C now and one position set. 

I was wondering if Blueger didn't sign, they'd have the same problem again not having a Right handed centreman. 

Great value contract. I mean damn, I'd probably call it fantastic and I get it, he's still going to be a millionaire but I do feel bad when depth players get squeezed on their contract. 

• Like 1