[Discussion] Canucks Bottom 6 UFA targets

Martinook would look great beside Blueger and Garland.

As for the 4th line, I'd love to see Sherwood and Duhaime on the wings with Stenlund in the middle. I know there is no way we rebuild the 4th line entirely but it would sure be fun to watch.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Right now our bottom 6 looks like:

??-Blueger-Garland

Podkolzin-Aman-Karlsson

Martinook, Amadio, or Sherwood would all be great with Blueger and Garland.

I'm fine with Podkolzin and Karlsson.  Would like to see an upgrade on Aman -- Stenlund.

Carrier from VGK would be a nice addition too.

Edited by HKSR
  • Cheers 2

Martinook, Trenin, Duhaime, and Stenlund are names that would definitely be interesting.

Maybe a bottom six of
Podkolzin/Martinook/Trenin - Blueger - Garland/Duhaime
Podkolzin/Martinook/Trenin - Raty - Stenlund/Duhaime

I'm hoping Raty earns a spot in training camp and we get to see him get some 4th line minutes to start growing at the NHL level. The 3rd line I see as only needing a new LW, and the 4th line getting a potential overhaul.

• Cheers 1

Honestly with our current roster and depth I would say at most sign maybe one bottom 6 guy I think between Blueger, Suter, PDG, Garland, Aman, Karlsson, Podz we’re fairly well off. I’d love to have Motte back if he can be healthy. Duhaime is probably the best 4th line guy on the list. Martinook and Sherwood intrigue me. 

A guy I really like that’s an rfa that I could maybe see being gotten in a trade without giving up much is Alexandre Texier. Columbus is fairly stacked offensively but he’s a guy that I could see still maybe turning into a top 6 forward but him and Garland would be a fun 3rd line duo. He hasn’t peaked yet but I still see potential. I just feel like Columbus is a bad fit for him. He’s high on my wishlist. 

that's a good list. my list in order of preference is

1. Amadio

2. Sherwood

3. Martinook

4. Stenlund

5. Kapanen

6. Duhaime

maybe we can snag 3 of the above for the price of Joshua's market of 4M?

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Right now our bottom 6 looks like:

??-Blueger-Garland

Podkolzin-Aman-Karlsson

Martinook, Amadio, or Sherwood would all be great with Blueger and Garland.

I'm fine with Podkolzin and Karlsson.  Would like to see an upgrade on Aman -- Stenlund.

Carrier from VGK would be a nice addition too.

Probably optimistic to sign 3, but ideally I think I'd love to see Amadio/Trenin/Martinook, Duhaime and Stenlund. Karlsson can be first injury call up.

Amadio/Trenin/Martinook, Blueger, Garland

Podz, Stenlund, Duhaime

Is a legit bottom 6

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Pretty solid list here. I'd be pretty happy with any of Stenlund, Duhaime, Lomberg, Motte for our 4th line, at the right $.

Either of Martinook or Trenin would be GREAT Joshua replacements.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/11-bottom-six-forward-ufas-vancouver-canucks-consider-fill-out-roster

I like:

Number 1: Amadio 

Hes like a bigger faster RH Suter to me.

Think he would be a super helpful depth piece. But I think he could get overpaid.

Number 2-4: Duhaime / Martinhook / Trenin

I have these three lumped together because they'd all fill a similar role as a Joshua replacement.

Duhaime I like a lot, and think hes at an age were you could still see a potential jump in scoring. Not huge but can he get into the 10-15 goal range in the right role as the third forward on a solid top 9 line in the right system? 

Martinhook is super fast, and has shown hes a SOLID 3rd liner 

Trenin is super interesting. Guy has shown he can score, fight even chara if needed and hes a variable C/Winger, right handed too. So he has size, grit and positional flexibility.

All three of these guys could fit Rick Tocchet Hockey. I would be happy with each of them. I like Trenin and Duhaimes age better as they could still improve in the right place with the right coaching. Martinhook would be a fantastic fit too as long as his speed didn't drop off but usually that doesn't happen till 34-36 for fast guys so if we were to sign him I would expect he'd be still be fast for our deal. 

Number 5: Stenlund

The only reason he is #5 on my list is because we have zero RHC. Zero. Stenlund is a RHC who's actually good in the draw. At a deal like Blueggers he woulda been a great add. But hes probably going to get overpaid as there aren't a lot of RHC guy like him an the just won a cup. I do think getting a RHC would be valuable to the team and thats why Amadio is my number 1 guy cause he can fill that role while also be flexible and be a top 9 winger.\

Rest of the list Im kinda MEH on and would prefer Heinen but hes probably going to get paid too much too.

Would love 2 of Amadio / Martinhook / Trenin / Duhaime but probably only would be possible to get 1 and thats if things don't get too crazy July 1st.

Just now, aGENT said:

Probably optimistic to sign 3, but ideally I think I'd love to see Amadio/Trenin/Martinook, Duhaime and Stenlund. Karlsson can be first injury call up.

Podz, Stenlund, Duhaime

Is a legit bottom 6

i wonder if the Canucks see Amadio as more of just a potential bottom 6?

would he be a good option on Petey's or Miller's wing as a primray F1 who grinds but, has a bit of skill?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, bh90 said:

i wonder if the Canucks see Amadio as more of just a potential bottom 6?

would he be a good option on Petey's or Miller's wing as a primray F1 who grinds but, has a bit of skill?

That's the nice thing with any of Amadio/Trenin/Martinook, if Mik doesn't actually recover to complementary top 6 level (and it doesn't appear at the moment we're moving off him), any of those guys potentially play that complementary grinder role opposite Petey and a more skilled winger.

Edited by aGENT

Just now, aGENT said:

That's the nice thing with any of Amadio/Trenin/Martinook, if Mik doesn't actually recover to complementary top 6 level (and it doesn't appear at the moment we're moving off him), any of those guys potentially play that complementary grinder role opposite Petey and a more skilled winger.

i agree

i see Amadio as a potential next Carter Verheaghe, Mason Marchement type of player

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Pretty solid list here. I'd be pretty happy with any of Stenlund, Duhaime, Lomberg, Motte for our 4th line, at the right $.

Either of Martinook or Trenin would be GREAT Joshua replacements.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/11-bottom-six-forward-ufas-vancouver-canucks-consider-fill-out-roster

agreed except for Motte, he isn't what he was.

Duhaime is a pretty interesting choice. I think Podz is pencilled in to be the next Joshua. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bh90 said:

i agree

i see Amadio as a potential next Carter Verheaghe, Mason Marchement type of player

Would love to grab this player at reasonable price.

• Cheers 1

Kevin Stenlund would be high on the list for me. Big RHC & a top PKer on one of the best PK's this season. Could fill Joshua's role on the PK.

Tyler Motte & Kasperi Kapanen would add speed + penalty killing. Motte we know & love but I'm also intrigued with Kapanen, management is very familiar with him & he has had productive seasons in the past - maybe there's some upside to him beyond a 4th line guy. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, bh90 said:

i agree

9 minutes ago, fuzzy said:

Would love to grab this player at reasonable price.

Yup, especially if we miss out on Guentzel/Marsh/Reinhart. I like him as a money-puck alternative that shouldn't cost anywhere near the term, cap, risk, lack of speed, 2 way play etc of the second tier wingers like Toffoli, Skinner etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Kevin Stenlund would be high on the list for me. Big RHC & a top PKer on one of the best PK's this season. Could fill Joshua's role on the PK.

Tyler Motte & Kasperi Kapanen would add speed + penalty killing. Motte we know & love but I'm also intrigued with Kapanen, management is very familiar with him & he has had productive seasons in the past - maybe there's some upside to him beyond a 4th line guy. 

Kapanen serious speed. He would look great in the bottom 6

• Cheers 2

I'd definitely take Duhaime and Stenlund.... we simply didn't get enough size and grit during the playoffs..... I'm relieved to see management avoid throwing big $ on Dakota Joshua because as soon as we hand him a 5-year, $4M+ AAV contract, he's just gonna wing it.... seen way too much of that! Just spend wisely on bottom 6 who can put up a few points and more importantly bang & crash & protect our smaller gifted players!!

Martinook could have a possiblity of coming here. Played juniors with the Giants, so maybe he has some ties here?

I think Sammy Blais could be a good fit. Has shown some offensive skill and he hits a lot. Cheap Joshua replacement.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

Podz, Stenlund, Duhaime

Is a legit bottom 6

That with 2 upgrades to top 6(one LT one ST like Toffoli), the fwd lines would be awesome! Even if you couldn’t get Stenlund, Suter slots in there well.

Edited by BC_Hawk

24 minutes ago, Theo5789 said:

Martinook could have a possiblity of coming here. Played juniors with the Giants, so maybe he has some ties here?

I think Sammy Blais could be a good fit. Has shown some offensive skill and he hits a lot. Cheap Joshua replacement.

Actually kind of gets me thinking; was the Blueger signing prioritized to keep the Blueger-Garland Duo intact to attract big body FAs with potential to sign cheap ST deals in Vancouver?

Dakota was basically transformed from a vet min guy to a big name FA in 1.5 years playing with the 2. Take a cheap deal…work ass off..cash in in 2025 FA….

My guess is Martinhook is the target

Edited by BC_Hawk

19 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

That with 2 upgrades to top 6(one LT one ST like Toffoli), the fwd lines would be awesome! Even if you couldn’t get Stenlund, Suter slots in there well.

I want no part of Toffoli, too slow.