[Discussion] Canucks Bottom 6 UFA targets

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I want no part of Toffoli, too slow.

Fans get way too attached to players in this market. They need to realize this is not the same Toffoli of 4 years ago.

Probably the same people who keep bringing up Tryamkin. 🤣

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Fans get way too attached to players in this market. They need to realize this is not the same Toffoli of 4 years ago.

Probably the same people who keep bringing up Tryamkin. 🤣

It's not even that he's a bad player. I'm sure he'll be successful on whichever team signs him. But the Canucks specificallyneed more speed. That's not Toffoli.

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

Pretty solid list here. I'd be pretty happy with any of Stenlund, Duhaime, Lomberg, Motte for our 4th line, at the right $.

Either of Martinook or Trenin would be GREAT Joshua replacements.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/11-bottom-six-forward-ufas-vancouver-canucks-consider-fill-out-roster

Martinook+Duhaime+Trenin combined for the same price that a Joshua deal is reported to be approaching.

Guentzel-Petterson-XX

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Martinook-Blueger-Garland

Duhaime-Trenin-Podkolzin

PDG-Karlsson 

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Tanev/Roy

Soucy-Juulsen

Friedman

The math works.  Find a guy who is getting bought out for that Petey wing, if we actually got Guentzel, that is a line anyone looking to rehab their value would dream of.  Even a guy like Josh Anderson at $1.5 million or under and it plays into his strengths.  Go north south, go into the corners to retrieve pucks, and then drive to the net.  Let the two skill guys bounce the pucks off your ass into the net to give you 25 goals and 50 points on the season and a big payday.

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

Right now our bottom 6 looks like:

??-Blueger-Garland

Podkolzin-Aman-Karlsson

Martinook, Amadio, or Sherwood would all be great with Blueger and Garland.

I'm fine with Podkolzin and Karlsson.  Would like to see an upgrade on Aman -- Stenlund.

Carrier from VGK would be a nice addition too.

K but who's in our top six?

1 minute ago, Guntrix said:

A big part of what made the team good was all the secondary scoring from the Joshua line. If we lose that, we're potentially regressing.

Possibly… but it could be made up by petey finding a running mate too. 

1 minute ago, Dizzle said:

Possibly… but it could be made up by petey finding a running mate too. 

At $11.6 million AAV, Petey should now be the play driver making everyone around him better... I think we need to start holding him to a higher standard.

8 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

At $11.6 million AAV, Petey should now be the play driver making everyone around him better... I think we need to start holding him to a higher standard.

yes…. But there’s a difference between setting up Ilya mikayev and JG or even Brock or Toffoli 

edit:  and the point wasn’t whether Petey needs to be better… the point was finding someone that can play with him may make up for the third line not producing as much. 

Edited by Dizzle