(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

1 minute ago, canucks curse said:

its a modified no trade clause

the Canucks would have likely asked him for his list by now so they would know if its reasonable to move him or not

Milstein is coordinating the trade. Chicago is on his no trade list. It’s up to the agent now to push the deal through. Same as Kuzmenko. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Petey O said:

I'm sure he wouldn't mind a buyout. Gets all of his money from the rest of his deal and then gets to sign a fresh deal with a new team for even more money.

He won't get all the money from Vancouver, but will get a lot of it, and some more from his next team.

Ilya would get  $6.2 mill divided/paid out over 4 years

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/ilya-mikheyev

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Tbh I don't know why anyone would waive their NTC to go to that franchise at this point but I guarantee the FO will get him to.

It’s worked out pretty well there for Dickinson. Mik will get lots of opportunity to prove himself.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

A 2nd is actually pretty good considering early on it sounded like it might cost a 1st.  

It's not terrible no

I just look at it turning into a Sam Bennett 

Maybe the space turns into 4-5 years of Stephenson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

If this trade gets approved, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a Zadorov signing after.

That’s exactly what is going to happen.  Milstein is working on both deals simultaneously. Zadorov’s wife is staying in Vancouver with the kids. Hopefully Big Z stays with her. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Tbh I don't know why anyone would waive their NTC to go to that franchise at this point but I guarantee the FO will get him to.

No way I'd stay. If Van asked me to leave I couldn't pack fast enough.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

His contract has a 12-team no-trade.  Nothing about no movement, so throwing him onto the waiver wire is definitely a legit option.

Could get greasy 

Put him on waivers and the Chicago claims them, trade a second and the rights to laff for a 6th rounder

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Eh would have preferred a 3rd back, but that's not bad at all.

Canucks 2nd is an early 3rd. Chicago’s 4th is a late 3rd. Not a huge difference to be totally honest with you. This is another great piece of business for Allvin if there is no retention. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Happy with this trade, Mikheyev should be good with it, he's not going to be very popular in Vancouver if he refuses this. 

Cap space is more valuable than a 2nd rounder right now, and he'd be joining an up and coming team.