(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

7 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Some of the ones traded away which most have been have worked out for other franchises. But off the top of my head Hoglander and Demko 

The better question is how many second round picks have been selected and developed by a competent management group?

Folks are quick to write off the value of 2nd rounders because of the franchises track record as if that track record couldn't be improved if we actually used them to pick players more regularly.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Chicago is a neat city. If Milstein can convince Kuzy to go to that crap heap, Chicago should be an easy sell. 

Chicago is my favorite NA city. Go there every year. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Im a little surprised there’s so much action on Mikheyev… but he does have a good chance of bouncing back. Also, 5 mil x 2 could seem like a bargain for 20 goal .5 ppg winger with wheel and pk acumen given the UFA prices being bandied about.

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

Ya, I think the play seems to be if we can afford Myers… great.  If we get the priority signinfs form and can’t afford him, then Juulsen is a capable partner for Soucy with Friedman/McWard as 7-8 and some farm guys as injury call ups.

I still expect Friedman-Juulsen to be our spare D. IMO, you look for a day 2, 3 etc UFA that's looking to win/play on a good team at ~$1-$2m 

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Chicago is a neat city. If Milstein can convince Kuzy to go to that crap heap, Chicago should be an easy sell. 

Yeah, the only problem is the organization's consistent support of sexual assault.  The city itself is really nice.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1

Let's work on sending a Community Fruit Basket to Chicago! God bless those scumbags!

They've bailed this Franchise out of a few sticky cap situations now and sure it costs a few sweeteners but that's the cost of signing bad contracts..

Now.. Let's go sign another one on Monday with all this extra $ now! 

• Like 1