(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

A little retention.  A sweetener.  Yeah, that’s what I figured it would cost to move Mikheyev.

Still, I figured more retention and a 2nd or 3rd without a pick coming back, so this is still pretty good work.  Hopefully we use it to capitalize on a key player or a guy like Zadorov wanting to lock in for a bargain.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

PA moves fast.  Signs Blueger. I guess he was done for the day.

I go take a dump and a trade happens. 

They are obviously making room to get the pieces they want. 

See what they are getting. My guess Myers and Z stays, and JG on July 1. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Win a Cup in 2025 and 2026 and no one will give a flying fuck about the retention and 2nd for a 4th ... with you though, hoped for no retention

I'll see you and the rest of the lil' crew here after I finish celebrating alright!...I'll give you all a piece of my mind about that 15%

image.gif.380c40963ad2eeaf243290f8c9074912.gif

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, HKSR said:

What was the alternative?

Give up a little bit more to unload the full value or just live with the contract.  There's simply no excuse for creating dead cap, and the morons we have running the team don't understand this.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Wiener 1

7 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Who else is going to fill that top 6 winger role that’s a difference maker and is available?

Aside from what I think they should do, there's cheaper options for top 6 guys.  Toffoli scored more goals than Guentzal, so did Marchesseault........both will be cheaper, why not one of them?  How about a good set up guy like Terravainen........Petey's a sniper, don't we want him shooting more?

They can get two guys, likely, for just slightly more than JG 

• Cheers 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

Give up a little bit more to unload the full value or just live with the contract.  There's simply no excuse for creating dead cap, and the morons we have running the team don't understand this.

That little bit more may have been a 1st instead of a 2nd.  That would have been your preference??

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Aside from what I think they should do, there's cheaper options for top 6 guys.  Toffoli scored more goals than Guentzal, so did Marchesseault........both will be cheaper, why not one of them?  How about a good set up guy like Terravainen........Petey's a sniper, don't we want him shooting more?

They can get two guys, likely, for just slightly more than JG 

If you can net both those players at a slightly higher cost than JG then I’m with you.