(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

18 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Hey Teddy, Chicago wants to retention on Mik.  Do you mind taking a small pay cut?

Teddy:  Sure!

I definitely wasn't picturing something so direct, more just a "you win some, you lose some and things balance out" but sure, who knows?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

I am all over it. People are probably tired of me. I want two wingers not one. Suter in the top 6 is WEAK.

Im wondering if Joshua isn't coming back now or where he would fit in.........I thought suter did ok with miller and Boes, but it's not ideal

I think they absolutely need one more Rd, as well as a couple of fwds.

Assuming they re-up Zad and Myers, that leaves them $11.5-12m (ish) to play with.  Do they bring back Cole on the cheap ,(comparatively)?

36 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Guentzel  - Petey - Garland

Hogs - Blueger - ?

PDG - Aman - Podz

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

Big Z - Juulsen

Still a little thin, and I have no idea what the cap looks like, but hopefully Allvin can keep cooking.

Assuming Geuntzel comes in at around 9.5, Z around 5.25, Myers under 3, and we maximize Poolman's LTR space, that'll still leave us with a shade over 3m left to fill out the roster. Likely enough to acquire up to 2 more role players, maybe 1 bottom six depth forward and 1 depth defenseman. 

Edited by syntheticity
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, syntheticity said:

Assuming Geuntzel comes in at around 9.5, Z around 5.25, Myers under 3, and we maximize Poolman's LTR space, that'll still leave us with a shade over 3m left to fill out the roster. Likely enough to acquire up to 2 more role players, maybe 1 bottom six depth forward and 1 depth defenseman. 

Let's hope they're smarter than that

Updated cap numbers:

16 players signed 

$21,740,833 in cap space 

UFA’s:

Zadorov 

Joshua 

Cole

DeSmith

Lindholm 

Myers 

I say we are signing Zadorov and Myers. For around $9 million. Silovs will be at $1 million. Lekkerimäki makes the team at $950,000. Duhaime gets signed for $1.5 million. I am hoping we also sign Stenlund for $1.5 million.  Kulikov for $1.2 million. Send PDG to Abby.   

This leaves us with 22 players and $7.35 million in cap space. That’s what we have left to get a top 6 winger for Petey. 

Not sure about Suter and Höglander. Something tells me Allvin will be upgrading on those positions as well. Maybe two top 6 forwards instead of one. Maybe one via a trade?  We will see. Should be an exciting week or two ahead. 

• Like 1

I know he won’t sign with us but I wish we could keep Lindholm.

hope we don’t spend it all on Guentzal rather go for someone a bit younger not a soon to be 30yr old winger.

but at the right price I’d welcome Guentzal on a 6 yr deal maybe 7 just cause but make it buyout friendlyish

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

Feels like Dickinson again. Canucks give up a pick and now Dickson is tearing it up as a Hawk 

Hopefully Mik does. Sometimes players dont work out on certain teams 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Hopefully Mik does. Sometimes players dont work out on certain teams 

I feel like he could still work out as a Canuck especially if he fully recovers from his injury 

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

__________-Petey-_______
Podkolzin-Bluegar-Garland

PDG-Suter-Karlsson

Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Zadorav-Juulsen/UFA

UFA/Juulsen

The way it stands right now Hoglander is either on Miller or Peteys wing. We are lacking 2 top 6 wingers not one. 

I would start with 4.75 for Zadorav, that’s a healthy 1M raise from his current 3.75M. 
Myers for 3M hopefully gives us 7.75M for 2 defenders. Pick up a 6/7 D for 1M-2M and rotate new dman with Juulsen.

We have basically 20.79M to work with after Ltir. Gives us 13M to pick up not one but 2 top 6 wingers. Instead of Guentzal I would go for 2 guys in the 6-7M range. 

13 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Feels like Dickinson again. Canucks give up a pick and now Dickson is tearing it up as a Hawk 

I think the Dickinson trade had more to do with just dumping cap.  the AAV wasn't bad at 2.65  and he wasn't horrible on the ice.  I think there were locker room problems that just couldn't be resolved that forced mgmt to make that trade as quick as they did.

Edited by coho8888

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

Id be spreading it around rather than almost half of it on a 30 year old, 30 goal scorer.

He's currently 29, been close to a 40 goal pace the last 6 years, solid defensively, wins puck battles, great on the powerplay, seems like an ideal partner for Petey, etc. Personally, I'd rather they get Guentzel for 9.5m than Joshua at 4m and Toffoli at 5.5m. I get the argument for spreading the money out more; I just think Guentzel meets so many of our biggest needs all at once.

Edited by syntheticity
  • Like 2

Guentzel is ideal acquisition imo.. basically if his contract term is 7-8 years.. he's good for minimum half of those years which is basically where canucks' window is, also that's around the time where Miller would probably be dropping off 3-4 years from now.  So window-wise it works.  I rather go for someone like Guentzel as the top UFA and have as petey's running partner to give petey confidence not an excuse to not perform than to add someone like Toffoli who is much slower and alittle older/cheaper.  Toffoli should only be considered as a plan B if they can't get Guentzel imo.

Edited by quattrob

15 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I feel like he could still work out as a Canuck especially if he fully recovers from his injury 

Definitely a possibility although I don’t think he has much finish even at the healthiest version. This was probably the best thing for the club and Mik 

8 minutes ago, syntheticity said:

He's currently 29, been close to a 40 goal pace the last 6 years, solid defensively, wins puck battles, great on the powerplay, seems like an ideal partner for Petey, etc. Personally, I'd rather they get Guentzel for 9.5m than Joshua at 4m and Toffoli at 5.5m. I get the argument for spreading the money out more; I just think Guentzel meets so many of our biggest needs all at once.

Don't mind him.  His grand plans included trading JT Miller.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, AlexanderM said:

So tomorrow should be quite the day, some signings, I would think. 

Hoping that Zadorov signs on the dotted line tomorrow. 

I'd be surprised if Joshua got done, but if they get those two guys done, while also eventually signing Guentzel to a deal, AND add another quality defenseman (Roy, anyone?), that would be a hell of an off season for Allvin.