(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Cap space at the trade deadline is just as good.

It would be so good if we were able to unload Poolman's LTIR amount.  Would help us accrue for the TDL.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Klimovich, Hoglander, Jett Woo, Kole Lind, Gadjovich, Demko

I blame Mallet and his fine head of hair for causing the team to be reluctant to draft 2nd rounders.

You'd think Demko would far more than make up for that.

it's been awhile GIF by Staind

• Haha 2

Don't love trading more 2nd's but once ya start going for it, ya kinda gotta go for it. This cap space opens up a ton of options and getting a 4th back is nice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

I understand they need to clear cap space but giving a second round pick - wow.

As much as I liked how our team has performed this year, why does it seem we always have cap issues - whether we have 25M+ on cap geek this year or zero space in the past - it's always cap issues discussion with this team.  In fact, powerhouse teams like the Panthers, Avs seem have less cap talk then we do.   If you want to look at cap issues, really the only one that truly stands out with cap issues should be the Golden Knights.

Spend your funds wisely - have balance on the team to offset the inevitable injuries and limit the very expensive players and we should be okay.

Yeah, this has been my frustration as well. We can never seem to make or sign solid deals. We always have ONE contract that's just really bad, and then we have to offer other teams draft picks to off load our mistake. At this rate, how does Allvin build a team with consistency if there's no ELC players to take the place of the aging core? Like is Petey going to want to be here in 3-4 years, when the team is rebuilding? 

5 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

No salary retained on our end??? WOW!!!! definitely worth giving up Lafferty and a 2nd then... 

Lafferty was gone anyway, management turned a turd into an asset... somewhat

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, this has been my frustration as well. We can never seem to make or sign solid deals. We always have ONE contract that's just really bad, and then we have to offer other teams draft picks to off load our mistake. At this rate, how does Allvin build a team with consistency if there's no ELC players to take the place of the aging core? Like is Petey going to want to be here in 3-4 years, when the team is rebuilding? 

one bad contract (or more) is par for the course for all teams now

Florida has 14.5m locked up in goalies (sorry, Bob is great, but that tandem is not 14.5m great) + 1.2m in dead cap from the yandle buyout and won the cup

• Like 1