(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

Just now, NoHeart said:

These 2nd round picks getting traded are really starting to hurt our organizational depth 

Yes, but how can you improve the team if you're not going to use the draft picks to fix the problems management created in the first place? 

• Vintage 1

Just now, NoHeart said:

These 2nd round picks getting traded are really starting to hurt our organizational depth 

Signing bad contracts hurts our depth even more.

I trust our pro scouting can find more gems to fill those gaps.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

Canucks are in win now mode. Fuck them picks. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

He could be their guys its either him or the rhd in the states levshunov or whatever sounds like

Demidov being taller and bigger than expected apparently excited teams 

I am in favor of drafting Levshunov at 2 but I am wondering if this means that Davidson will select Demidov.

Will see on Friday I guess.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

The mad lads did it!! 2nd for a 4th to dump Mik is a good piece of work.

Edit: Especially what is hopefully a late 2nd rounder for an early 4th rounder.  Great work by PA/JR and co.

that's a good point, could almost end up "effectively" the equivalent an early third for a late third.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

True but there are other avenues like how we got Joshua and looking for more College FA will help too 

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

I don't think the Canucks would have traded Mik and gave up a second if they didn't think they were going to land Guentzel or Zadorov's price was unreasonable. 

JG 9.25 x 7 

Zadorov 4.85 x 5

= 14.10

we have now 21.45 in cap 

sp 7.35 to spend on silos, 1 D and 2 forwards

Joshua = 3.5

silovs .950

Brett Murray .750

Myers 2.15

= no cap left 

Just now, Devron said:

True but there are other avenues like how we got Joshua and looking for more College FA will help too 

Florida also just won with like 5 drafted players on their roster.  More than one way to get it done.

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

0BB64614-E1FF-4906-A0E3-C1DB9E2189BD.thumb.jpeg.37e3985cdc6d12aeaed24de43678c244.jpeg

JR might be a foot shorter, but he’s not going to cave to a 3rd pair D’s demands.

Z wants to be here. I think there’s a deal to be made that keeps him a Canuck for years to come, that makes sense for both sides.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, The Duke said:

Florida also just won with like 5 drafted players on their roster.  More than one way to get it done.

I just really enjoy the draft. But yes absolutely multiple ways to get it done 

3 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

We also have a very young core so right now we can afford to ship some picks out. We have plenty of time to develop youth over the next 10 years so long as our drafting stays strong

• Like 1

Late second traded, early 4th recieved. If that's the cost for dumping the deadest of dead weight, with a pretty huge cap hit, I'm ecstatic. Beyond the moon.

4 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

how much are you going to care about that if you're stumbling drunk on robson street as a parade goes by?