(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Do you know how many players the last two Cup winners had on their rosters that they drafted? Go check. It’s very interesting how clubs win now.

Oh wow, good for you man. You parroted a sound bite you heard on sports net. Tell me more. Make sure you’re extra cute for those upvotes 

1 minute ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

The media is suggesting that he's not necessarily in the plans anymore but I would imagine it should work out.

Let's not forget, it's the same media who suggested next Hronek deal will be north of 8M 🙃

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm not saying 2nds are useless, just that people tend to overvalue them like they're a sure thing.  The reality is that you have 2 busts for every guy who turns into an NHL regular.

For sure. Go to the 5 most recent drafts and look at the breakdown of games per player. a 2nd is a lottery ticket and not a good one.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/draft/nhl-entry-draft/2019

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not with our drafting.

Signing more free agents like Joshua is how we replace Joshua.

Historically? Yeah. But I've actually liked the picks we've made under Allvin, it's unfortunate that we don't make more high picks given they've revamped the scouting and development aspects of the organization. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, NoHeart said:

Oh wow, good for you man. You parroted a sound bite you heard on sports net. Tell me more. Make sure you’re extra cute for those upvotes 

Vegas had one. We have a great younger core. We will be reloading around that core every off season now until we don’t have them anymore. 
Benning, the moran, is gone. We have competent management again. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Historically? Yeah. But I've actually liked the picks we've made under Allvin, it's unfortunate that we don't make more high picks given they've revamped the scouting and development aspects of the organization. 

I just always feel like EVERY fucking management group that has ever come into Vancouver in the last 30 years is all about winning the Stanley cup as fast as possible. I don’t ever remember a manager who prioritized the draft. It would be nice to see a group that doesn’t rush things. 

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

I just always feel like EVERY fucking management group that has ever come into Vancouver in the last 30 years is all about winning the Stanley cup as fast as possible. I don’t ever remember a manager who prioritized the draft. It would be nice to see a group that doesn’t rush things. 

Probably due to timing.  Usually a GM is fired when the team is sucking.  That's usually when a team is in the bottom of a cycle.  New GM steps in and the team is usually on the upswing.

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Because we were bad, thanks to Benning (the moran) and were building for a few years out, much like why the Hawks just took him on for pretty much no cost to us. 

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

He was very good in Toronto. I wouldn’t have done it but I understand at the time why it was done. He got injured in his first year in preseason and the next was a recovery year.

We never really got see Mikheyev at his very best. I remember he used to be so fast in Toronto, injuries suck. He’s a good guy, I hope it works out well in Chicago.

Maybe but pretty much all of CDC called that this would be terrible.

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

ACD7F514-B9CB-47A0-8602-58E3F8D15420.gif.ddad3277e37ef5c76ea8027d892f5bb1.gif

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Sure, and the best way to get top end talent is to draft it. Outside of Willander, Lekkerimaki, Raty, and maybe Pettersson there's a dearth of blue chip talent in the system.

Like I said, gonna need that ELC talent as time goes on.

NCAA signings, obtaining RFA talent that may be a little further along, not to mention we can and will also turnover talent and recoup picks that way as well. We’re finally approaching being cup contenders and with a young core to boot. Eventually we’ll be drafting early and with our own picks again, but as the NHL landscape shifts, there’s no reason to believe we can’t also accumulate others teams draft picks for talent as our roster transforms.

• Vintage 1