(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

20 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Our organizational depth is becoming a problem. These late 1st/2nds are the players who replace a guy like Joshua on an ELC. 

That's a fair point, but it's not the only way to fill out a roster. Joshua himself was a diamond in the rough that contributed well above his pay grade in his time here. That's what good pro scouting can do. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, J-23 said:

He was very good in Toronto. I wouldn’t have done it but I understand at the time why it was done. He got injured in his first year in preseason and the next was a recovery year.

We never really got see Mikheyev at his very best. I remember he used to be so fast in Toronto, injuries suck. He’s a good guy, I hope it works out well in Chicago.

he was injured all the time in toronto with freaks injury.. he's just a injury magnet.. tendon cut thumb acl etc etc.. there's no reason to give him 4 years.. it's not like there was a bidding war for this guy.. it's almost like poolman.. coming off a concussion? we'll give u 4 years

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

I just always feel like EVERY fucking management group that has ever come into Vancouver in the last 30 years is all about winning the Stanley cup as fast as possible. I don’t ever remember a manager who prioritized the draft. It would be nice to see a group that doesn’t rush things. 

You're not wrong. Gillis was lousy at drafting, Benning tried but was overall underwhelming, he always traded picks to try and fast track the youth movement. 

Allvin's made a couple very good first round picks but has a track record of shipping them out. Second rounders too. My concern is they're going to keep shipping them out to get and squeeze a cup out of this window at the expense of the future.

I'd rather them balance actually balance using their picks with shipping them out. I get shipping them out to try and go deep, but use some of them too for Christ's sake.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, rmok said:

Joshua needs to go. You don't sign that guy to a big raise after a single 18 goal season.. after not/barely being an NHL player at 28.. and also being pretty much invisible in all but 2 playoff games. Signing him to anything over 2x2 is going to be a mistake for whatever team does it mark my words. 

agree

letting Joshua go opens up some interesting opporutnities

cap 21.45

JG 9

Zads 4.75

silovs .950

= 14.7

6.75 in space

Duhaime 1.5 x 2

Brett Murray .750

Tanev 4.5 x 3

= 21.45

This line up has everything, they are more skilled, bigger, meaner toucher and faster than 2023-2024

JG Petey Hogz

Suter Miller Brock

Podz Bluegger Garland 

Murray Aman Duhaime

PDG

Hughes Hronek

Zads Tanev

Soucy Juulsen 

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Not sure we can get him but Tanev would be the perfect partner for Big Z. 

I watched a lot of Calgary a few years back when Guddy was big Z’s partner. They were mean, tough to play against and decent offensively. CBJ would retain 50% for future considerations. 2 mill for Guddy, who says no?

1 minute ago, Metal Face Doom said:

This FO continues to do really good things.

By giving away a high-ish pick to fix their mistake? Lol. I love how much praise management is getting, they signed this bum. But hey, I am happy with the trade. Minor win from a major L.

Edited by JeremyCuddles
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

NCAA signings, obtaining RFA talent that may be a little further along, not to mention we can and will also turnover talent and recoup picks that way as well. We’re finally approaching being cup contenders and with a young core to boot. Eventually we’ll be drafting early and with our own picks again, but as the NHL landscape shifts, there’s no reason to believe we can’t also accumulate others teams draft picks for talent as our roster transforms.

Sure, there are other approaches too, but we should be balancing shipping out high picks with actually using them too.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dr.BRR said:

I watched a lot of Calgary a few years back when Guddy was big Z’s partner. They were mean, tough to play against and decent offensively. CBJ would retain 50% for future considerations. 2 mill for Guddy, who says no?

We do. Guddy and Big Z would win all the fights though. 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

My concern is they're going to keep shipping them out to get and squeeze a cup out of this window at the expense of the future.

I think most people here would take winning a cup for some bum years in the future any day of the week. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Don't want him and his locker room cancer

You don't want a ppg player who is a stellar two-way forward and a net-front presence, who also crushed it in the playoffs with 9 goals?

I'm not serious though ahaha. I understand that he is a liability.

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

By giving away a high-ish pick to fix their mistake? Lol. I love how much praise management is getting, they signed this bum. But hey, I am happy with the trade. Minor win from a major L.

They have a lot more W's than L's.  And they were able to flip a mistake for a W.  That's a competent FO.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1