(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That little bit more may have been a 1st instead of a 2nd.  That would have been your preference??

Yes, although at that point I'd just keep Mikheyev.

Edited by King Heffy

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We have two firsts, and two seconds the next two years. And we still have our 1st in 2027.

Not sure how we're emptying the shelves? The key is to draft and develop well with the picks we have. And avoid contracts like Mik's in the future.

2027 pick swap is wild.  Obviously Chicago thought they did well with the Dickinson trade and figured they’d spin the wheel again with Mikheyev.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Trading away draft picks is the equivalent of an energy drink. A temporary energy boost now, with long term side effects. 

We are planting the seeds for the next Gillis empty cupboard era. 

That's one of my few concerns of having Rutherford at the helm

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Give up a little bit more to unload the full value or just live with the contract.  There's simply no excuse for creating dead cap, and the morons we have running the team don't understand this.

Just live with the contract and not improve the team? Our window is now. We wouldn't be able to sign anyone if we had kept Mikheyev. No, this is a good deal. Your hatred for management is clouding your judgement

• Like 2

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

And I've liked most the moves the management has made and been complimentary of the job they have done. But I'm also ok with criticism when I feel it's warranted. I felt signing Mik was a bad call the day it happened, and it has worked out that way. I think buying him out seems drastic, and I look forward to being proven wrong when they make a huge move with the cap space to improve the team.

Feel the same. Mistake was made cost is a 2nd to right a wrong and move on. Tidy piece of work. And I hope Mik siezes the opportunity the way Dickinson has.  

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

They have a lot more W's than L's.  And they were able to flip a mistake for a W.  That's a competent FO.

Hey, I agree. More Ws than Ls. But I wouldn't jerk them off too hard over this W. To each their own though. Just think it's funny how much love they're getting for this trade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wonder how the board would react if we bought him out instead?

I would view it as equivalent. the asset given up here counters out the difference in cap hit vs a buyout. neither option is inherently better, it all depends on the specific situation and priorities of the team in question. 

Edited by tas

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'm 100% opposed to dead cap and would personally fire any GM who even suggested it as an option on the spot.

Why?  Florida and Edmonton both had dead cap.  Didn't do much harm for them did it?

• ThereItIs 1