(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

Immediately my thought was that we got a good deal. I thought getting rid of mik would cost hogs or podz. good deal considering that. However when i think about it, it kinda makes sense equally for both teams. Normally i despise the hawks but il give em a friendly handshake on this one. Good hockey trade

2 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Just live with the contract and not improve the team? Our window is now. We wouldn't be able to sign anyone if we had kept Mikheyev. No, this is a good deal. Your hatred for management is clouding your judgement

I've said this very consistently over Gillis, Benning, and now these clowns.  I don't care which management group suggests dead cap; there is no situation where they should continue working in hockey ops after that suggestion.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Did Edmonton a ton of harm without money to bring in actual NHL quality blueliners.

A ton of harm? 1 goal loss in game 7 of the Stanley Cup final is a ton of harm? Oh boy.... 

17 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

PA moves fast.  Signs Blueger. I guess he was done for the day.

I go take a dump and a trade happens. 

They are obviously making room to get the pieces they want. 

See what they are getting. My guess Myers and Z stays, and JG on July 1. 

Advice.Dont take dump tomorrow.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Give up a little bit more to unload the full value or just live with the contract.  There's simply no excuse for creating dead cap, and the morons we have running the team don't understand this.

So if you have these two scenarios on your hands as a GM, which one would you pick? 

Scenario #1 : Player costing 4.75M and just floating around on the ice and not contributing much. Ends up demoralizing star player on your team and makes him go in a slump. Now you have 11.6 + 4.75M floating around. Needless to say the demoralizing effect trickles down on the team. Also the 4.75M player costs you playoff run by not scoring. 

Scenario #2 : You absorb retention of 712,500 (less than league minimum) gives you an opportunity to go out and get a bonafide goal scorer who can put puck in net. Plus lifts the moral of your 11.6 M player as well. 

So the way I look at this by retaining 712,500 Canucks don't just save 4M they also save 11.6M.

Plus this gives confidence to other players in the management that they will admit their mistakes and do their best to fix it. Also an incentive for new players to sign that this management is serious about winning and wants to make smart hockey decisions. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

Options:

- 700k of dead cap for 2 years and a 2nd

- costly buyout for 4 years

- continuing to role stone hands out there and not have the cap to resign the D and improve our top 6. 

anybody that doesn’t think that trade was the best option needs to really check their comprehension skills. This is not a OEL type situation; it’s 700k over 2 years!

Or give up more to not have the dead cap.

• Haha 1

I’m fine with the retention since it’s now a 2027 2nd.

That means we have the next 2 years worth of 2nds for deadline deals. Those are very valuable when looking to make a move to put us over the top.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

The Hawks going from our biggest rival to our dumping ground is character development I didn't see coming. 

This is the kind of rebuild the Canucks should do next time. When you rebuild. Bulldoze it and stockpile picks. It causes some pain, and it means some rough years.

But as long as you build a championship core. It's worth it.

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I've said this very consistently over Gillis, Benning, and now these clowns.  I don't care which management group suggests dead cap; there is no situation where they should continue working in hockey ops after that suggestion.

Me thinks you protesteth too much  .... must be a closet JR fan complete with a poster of him on your wall. 🤪

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

Or give up more to not have the dead cap.

I’ll take the 700k to have a 1st still personally. It’ll hopefully be at the end of 1st, but still in the range to land a good chance of someone who will contribute. The odds of a late 2nd/3rd doing anything are way lower.