(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

5 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

As long as you keep sending picks, landfill stays open.

If the landfill gets too full, we'll gladly do you a solid and take Bedard off your hands. Should free up a bunch of future cap for you.:classic_smile:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

It's good that people remember the history. The Gillis empty cupboard era is a shockingly bad period of time that many Canuck fans have willingly chosen to forget. The Gillis period did a lot of good things during that time, yet over the span of years that Gillis was in charge here, he couldn't even grab a significant goaltender or defensemen using a 2nd round pick or lower and that is beyond anything that can be excused. Gillis was a very flawed GM as was Benning. Neither of them are back at the helm for any NHL team for the near future.

The JR/Allvin management has yet to reveal how good they are with player development, but it is a promising period that we DO have some exciting players in our pipeline. I'm very high on D Pettersson, for example. He had an outstanding Swedish presence in the WJC. And while that in itself is no guarantee of success, it is still something worth mentioning for now. Gillis, on the other hand, was primarily focused on drafting perceived "NHL ready" players with low ceilings. When those ceilings were missed, you essentially had dud players.

Lol seriously? People are willing to forget an era of winning division titles, president trophies, making it to the playoffs and creating a huge buzz in the city? Hardly. Did u watch the playoffs in the bar, rogers or with buddies? Wait, let me rephrase that, were you even INVITED out to watch the game in general. You know that buzz in the city, people crowding the streets, bars etc? thats normal in the Gillis era

You know what will people forget though, 8 years of trash that your boy Benning fed the city, finishing near bottom every year. Not only did we have an empty cupboard by the end of it, but were finishing near last and near capped out

If your so confident on your answer on which era the fans in this forum will forget, make a poll of it.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Starting think that expecting the unexpected is to be expected. Gunner is an obvious target but perhaps PA pulls Necas out of the hat or someone that none of the pundits are screaming about at the top of their lungs while pounding the lectern with their collective shoes.

Exciting times my fellow Canucks fans, exciting times indeed! 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

If the landfill gets too full, we'll gladly do you a solid and take Bedard off your hands. Should free up a bunch of future cap for you.:classic_smile:

Lemme get back to you on that one.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

No worries from me. They have a plan and going full steam ahead.

And if they win a cup in the next 3 yrs it's well worth it. 

Yeah, if. Got a crystal ball? 

57 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

The alternative is what Winnipeg has done.  Close but no cigar.

The alternative to occasionally using high picks so we'll have our own higher end ELC talents is close but no cigar?

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

2 2nd for 9.5 million cap space? Not bad actually. 

Stillman became Josh Bloom who just scored the game winning goal in the memorial cup.

What he becomes might change the landscape of these trades too. He could end up having the value of a 2nd if he doesn’t already.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, 24K said:

2 2nd for 9.5 million cap space? Not bad actually. 

image.png.6a8ebaa461d1d94099ed9947382f4503.png

Purely on numbers, a player picked in the 2nd round has a 1 in 3 chance of playing 100 or more games in the NHL. Add to that metric the odds of being an impact player and the odds go off a cliff ... not too bad an outcome especially with the benefit of hindsight and where we are today with a window wide open to pick up a Cup or two (one can hope) in the very near future. 

Now spend the cap space wisely PA / JR.

Source: https://dobberprospects.com/2020/05/16/nhl-draft-pick-probabilities/#:~:text=Next%2C let’s see what’s the success rate on,round%2C that number is only 34 per cent.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 3

59 minutes ago, The Duke said:

We can do Guentzel, Zadorov and Myers with that.  But does it ever play out that predictably?

Id rather have zadorov, Myers, a #4-5, Rd and a couple of lower tier fwds.

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

After this trade happens, this is our cap situation…

16 players signed 

$21,503,333 in cap space including LTIR

Plenty of money left over to re-sign Zadorov, Myers, Silovs and add a top 6 winger for Petey…

But, but, but ... lol

Where are all the Benning ptsd haters at?

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

29 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I would like to point out. It's time Podz, Hogs, Lek, Woo, or anyone else from Abby to take the reins this training camp and grab a job or two or three. And just have a solid and productive season. We need low cost options going forward. We shouldn't be relying on UFA's.

Those ELC's fill in gaps for cheap around key UFA's.

• Cheers 1

Its good I guess, if we are big game hunting for Guentzel. But this is another Dickenson deal with a 2nd rounder out the door for what.. 2 years of salary for a guy making less than Garlund ?

The Dickenson deal turned out pretty bad but everyone loved it at the time. 

Whatever. Push the chips in I guess

I'm just glad it is a 2027 2nd. Probably needed to retain to get that kicked down the line to 2027 instead of 2025 where we really need that 2nd round currency to swing deadline deals. 

• Like 2

Watch the Hawks get a fully healed Mik up and running and traded to a contender again for picks. He will be the next one lifting the cup. 

But if we get Guetzel I guess its fine

• Haha 1

Just now, Blue said:

Watch the Hawks get a fully healed Mik up and running and traded to a contender again for picks. He will be the next one lifting the cup. 

Hawks are more than two years from being that competitive.

Just now, Blue said:

But if we get Guetzel I guess its fine

Or one of the best d groups in the league, and some less flashy wingers. It's hard to know where this goes but at least w have real opportunities now.

• Cheers 3