(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Watch the Hawks get a fully healed Mik up and running and traded to a contender again for picks. He will be the next one lifting the cup. 

But if we get Guetzel I guess its fine

Trade back for him @50% retained.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Guentzel  - Petey - Garland

Hogs - Blueger - ?

PDG - Aman - Podz

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

Big Z - Juulsen

Still a little thin, and I have no idea what the cap looks like, but hopefully Allvin can keep cooking.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NoHeart said:

Invisible? He lead the playoffs in hits well after he was golfing. 

And I can't remember a single one of them. I can remember hits from PETEY.. and from Zadorov. So ya invisible. 

1 hour ago, NoHeart said:

I just always feel like EVERY fucking management group that has ever come into Vancouver in the last 30 years is all about winning the Stanley cup as fast as possible. I don’t ever remember a manager who prioritized the draft. It would be nice to see a group that doesn’t rush things. 

Rushing things?  do you even realize where we are at in our cycle?  Our core is in its prime now.  We came within a Demko and Boeser injury of Knocking off the oilers which would have got us into the final 4.  The first for Lindholm was a heavy price to pay as most likely a rental but teams have to do this to compete for the cup.  Our window is is now.  The alternative would be to do nothing, retain picks that may or may not pan out or take years to develop  and hope that this core without a better support group will win us the cup.  We all know that ain't likely to happen.  There is ample opportunity recover picks later on after your window is closed.  This is what you need to do in a cap world.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

Id rather have zadorov, Myers, a #4-5, Rd and a couple of lower tier fwds.

Totally agree - hope they have better overall depth this coming year - as the playoffs showed, really need this additional depth to fight through potentially 2 months of playoff hockey.  You need all players contributing including the lower tier forwards - whether its finishing a check or scoring 1-2 goals through the entire playoffs.  Helps combat injuries a bit with a balanced roster so looking forward to see how JR and company will construct the team this year. 

17 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

out of all the second and third round pick we traded in the last decade. Which ones converted to NHL Talent?

Anybody know?

Long lists to go through, but:

Round 2 - https://www.capfriendly.com/trades/canucks?round=2

Round 3 - https://www.capfriendly.com/trades/canucks?round=3

Also includes 2nd and 3rds received, couldn't separate them.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Starting think that expecting the unexpected is to be expected. Gunner is an obvious target but perhaps PA pulls Necas out of the hat or someone that none of the pundits are screaming about at the top of their lungs while pounding the lectern with their collective shoes.

Exciting times my fellow Canucks fans, exciting times indeed! 

I don't think there's a chance in hell of getting Necas. The rumours are Buffalo and NJ are both willing to offer up packages including the 10th/9th OA picks. Vancouver can't compete with that.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

what's that, $750k? I was expecting blueger to get $2-2.5m ... 

Hey Teddy, Chicago wants to retention on Mik.  Do you mind taking a small pay cut?

Teddy:  Sure!

33 minutes ago, filthy animal said:

Lol seriously? People are willing to forget an era of winning division titles, president trophies, making it to the playoffs and creating a huge buzz in the city? Hardly. Did u watch the playoffs in the bar, rogers or with buddies? Wait, let me rephrase that, were you even INVITED out to watch the game in general. You know that buzz in the city, people crowding the streets, bars etc? thats normal in the Gillis era

You know what will people forget though, 8 years of trash that your boy Benning fed the city, finishing near bottom every year. Not only did we have an empty cupboard by the end of it, but were finishing near last and near capped out

If your so confident on your answer on which era the fans in this forum will forget, make a poll of it.

No one is forgetting those accolades. It's wilful blindness to ignore the aftermath of what those achievements resulted in. There was a huge void in prospects after those runs. We saw a total empty cupboard after Gillis was fired. Regardless of who came in after Gillis, that was entirely on Gillis' doing.

I was very happy to see us winning season records and dominating the league for those years, watching the Sedins, Kesler, and Burrows flourish. Yet those players were not Gillis' players. The players he brought in were very good, like Aaron Rome and Maxime Lapierre. We were a total team from top to bottom.

The problem with focussing on the positives is you risk forgetting the negatives. We traded A LOT of draft picks and that in itself wouldn't have been an issue if Gillis could draft/develop players. But he couldn't. The only players he could draft were from the first round (about half the success), one prospect from the 3rd round who never played for the Canucks, and Ben Hutton.

That's a fucking terrible draft/development record.

Don’t love that 15% retained. But glad to have basically 4 mil off the books. Terevainen, toffoli, pesce, resign Myers and Zadorov. That should be doable now right? 😅

12 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Hogs - Blueger - ?

PDG - Aman - Podz

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

Big Z - Juulsen

Still a little thin, and I have no idea what the cap looks like, but hopefully Allvin can keep cooking.

Hogz Miller Boes

Teravainen Petey Toffoli

Podz Suter Garland 

PDG Blueger Karlsson

Aman

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers 

Zadorov Roy/haakanpa

Demko

Arty

My concern there is pk duties

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Hogs - Blueger - ?

PDG - Aman - Podz

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

Big Z - Juulsen

Super thin, possibly worse than last year.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Hogz Miller Boes

Teravainen Petey Toffoli

Podz Suter Garland 

PDG Blueger Karlsson

Aman

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers 

Zadorov Roy/haakanpa

Demko

Arty

My concern there is pk duties

I am all over it. People are probably tired of me. I want two wingers not one. Suter in the top 6 is WEAK.

Edited by chris12345

It was always going to be close to impossible to move a $4.75 million guy with only 1 goal in 60 games, so I'm not mad at all at the retention. Management got rid of a bonafide anchor contract. This is good.

Now if only management could just upgrade on Suter and Cole, we'd be in a great spot imo.

Edited by Guntrix

I wonder if we see a NJD trade for Marino now that we have cap

To NJD

Podz

Karlsson

To VAN 

Marino

2024 5th

Cap change 

New cap = 17.3

Zads 4.75

Geuntz 9

silovs .950

Duhaime 1.5

Murray .750

cap space = .35

JG Ptey Hogz

Suter Miller Brock

Duhaime Bluegger Garland

Murray Aman PDG

Hughes marino

Zads Hronek

Soucy Juulsen

1 minute ago, canucks curse said:

I wonder if we see a NJD trade for Marino now that we have cap

To NJD

Podz

Karlsson

To VAN 

Marino

2024 5th

Cap change 

New cap = 17.3

Zads 4.75

Geuntz 9

silovs .950

Duhaime 1.5

Murray .750

cap space = .35

JG Ptey Hogz

Suter Miller Brock

Duhaime Bluegger Garland

Murray Aman PDG

Hughes marino

Zads Hronek

Soucy Juulsen

got a feeling JG is getting more than that. Your number for Zad seems right to me… but he may go for more. Duhaime may also be a bit more.