(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

After this trade happens, this is our cap situation…

16 players signed 

$21,503,333 in cap space including LTIR

Plenty of money left over to re-sign Zadorov, Myers, Silovs and add a top 6 winger for Petey…

Zadorov 5.5
Guentzel 8.7-9.2
Toffoli - 3.5

• ThereItIs 2

Can't complain too much about this one. We can really use the space to bring at least another key UFA back (either Joshua or Zadorov, plus I think Myers is likely on a lesser deal) on top of signing Silovs. There's enough room there to make a splash potentially and then fill some gaps with depth/value signings later in free agency.

20 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

__________-Petey-_______
Podkolzin-Bluegar-Garland

PDG-Suter-Karlsson

Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Zadorav-Juulsen/UFA

UFA/Juulsen

The way it stands right now Hoglander is either on Miller or Peteys wing. We are lacking 2 top 6 wingers not one. 

I would start with 4.75 for Zadorav, that’s a healthy 1M raise from his current 3.75M. 
Myers for 3M hopefully gives us 7.75M for 2 defenders. Pick up a 6/7 D for 1M-2M and rotate new dman with Juulsen.

We have basically 20.79M to work with after Ltir. Gives us 13M to pick up not one but 2 top 6 wingers. Instead of Guentzal I would go for 2 guys in the 6-7M range. 

I don't like Zadorov with Juulsen to be honest. I'm not sure if that's a pair that's gonna work. 

Could they pick up a Matt Roy still even after signing Zadorov, Myers, Guentzel, AND another top six? 

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Zadorov 5.5
Guentzel 8.7-9.2
Toffoli - 3.5

I wish for those numbers, unfortunately, the most realistic one is probably Zadorov. I'd be surprised if he took anything less than 5m at this point. It's basically Myer's old contract given to Z. 

Guentzel is not setting for 8.7 (that's low), it's probably at least 9.2M starting

Toff is not signing for 3.5m. I think he gets better offers elsewhere. 

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Zadorov 5.5
Guentzel 8.7-9.2
Toffoli - 3.5

After the DeMelo signing, you let Zads walk at 5.5mil. I'd rather throw 5.5mil at Pesce. And even he isn't really worth it, but as a righty he's more desirable.

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I wish for those numbers, unfortunately, the most realistic one is probably Zadorov. I'd be surprised if he took anything less than 5m at this point. It's basically Myer's old contract given to Z. 

Guentzel is not setting for 8.7 (that's low), it's probably at least 9.2M starting

There's speculation Guentzel could go for 11 million. In which case I don't know how to feel about that considering the OEL (cup winning) buyout and Boeser contact being up soon.

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

For Guentzel ,

As much as money is a part of it,

Country/ City / Home/ Team Chemistry/ Coaching/ Management.. all go into the decision in a Contract Signing, especially this one, at this time in his life.

The other is Cup Contention or Rebuilding .

I would think coming to Vancouver might be a place to highly consider..  

Lifestyle is important to them players these days, and sometimes you just want to go, to where you want to be 

Im interested to see how Bedard structures his contracts of the next few years for THAT reason alone .

4 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

There's speculation Guentzel could go for 11 million. In which case I don't know how to feel about that considering the OEL (cup winning) buyout and Boeser contact being up soon.

Wow, if he goes for 11m. I think management has to pass. That's crazy to have TWO players on the roster with 11m. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

For Guentzel ,

As much as money is a part of it,

Country/ City / Home/ Team Chemistry/ Coaching/ Management.. all go into the decision in a Contract Signing, especially this one, at this time in his life.

The other is Cup Contention or Rebuilding .

I would think coming to Vancouver might be a place to highly consider..  

Lifestyle is important to them players these days, and sometimes you just want to go, to where you want to be 

Im interested to see how Bedard structures his contracts of the next few years for THAT reason alone .

Yeah, I mean, I get it, there's the human element. But all of these players play for the money. Look at Petey. He didn't take a discount, and I honestly don't think it really matters to him what jersey he's wearing as long as he's being paid the big dollars. Money at the end of the day rules for these players - especially the star and superstar players. They have a certain lifestyle they do maintain, and money is a big - huge - part in sustaining that life. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, CaptainQuin said:

looks like Joshua will be coming back 

That's not what the tweet said lol. It says that management have re-engaged in talks, that does not mean he's coming back. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

After the DeMelo signing, you let Zads walk at 5.5mil. I'd rather throw 5.5mil at Pesce. And even he isn't really worth it, but as a righty he's more desirable.

im about “ roundabout numbers” .

Originally in Calgary he wanted 4.275

His game was given opportunity here which is what he asked for .

Nik showed up big.

There is a lot of potential there, this was the first opportunity in his career where he felt he wasn’t held back.

It wouldn’t bother me to have Nik for 6x6,

but I don’t think he is asking that .

Good Term will balance his asking, where ever it is.

I think Nik and his Wife truly love it here..

It was part of JT’s decision in his agreement.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Always bugged me when teams like Tampa and Vegas used Arizona this way.

I guess Chicago is that team for us now.

We are using eachother it’s beautiful haha

Just got in now, so probably gonna repeat what many have already said....

This is a solid piece of work, we get a 4th, but most importantly the $4M in cap savings, PLUS Lafferbum's $1M+ off the books....for Mik and a 2027  second rounder...

We can rock in free agency now, and also settle some in-house business (Joshua, etc.)

The best part of it all for me is that I feel confident in knowing that the Bald Brigade won't throw their valuable cap space away, on scrubs from the UFA scrap pile...they will be bold and calculated, and won't be afraid to land a big fish or two

29 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I don't like Zadorov with Juulsen to be honest. I'm not sure if that's a pair that's gonna work. 

Could they pick up a Matt Roy still even after signing Zadorov, Myers, Guentzel, AND another top six? 

Zadorov

Guentzel/Marchessault 

Pesce/Tanev/Carrier/Roy/Miller etc

No Myers.

5 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Just got in now, so probably gonna repeat what many have already said....

This is a solid piece of work, we get a 4th, but most importantly the $4M in cap savings, PLUS Lafferbum's $1M+ off the books....for Mik and a 2027  second rounder...

We can rock in free agency now, and also settle some in-house business (Joshua, etc.)

The best part of it all for me is that I feel confident in knowing that the Bald Brigade won't throw their valuable cap space away, on scrubs from the UFA scrap pile...they will be bold and calculated, and won't be afraid to land a big fish or two

Yeah, I thought the second was 2025, but if it's 2027, that's like 3 years away from now. 

Isn't that around the time, though, when OEL's cap hit goes to 4m? I wonder if that's going to bite us, I mean, it would be nice to have more draft picks, so we have more players on ELC to help offset that 4m OEL cap hit. 

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Zadorov

Guentzel/Marchessault 

Pesce/Tanev/Carrier/Roy/Miller etc

No Myers.

wow. the team would have that much room to sign all those players? lol. 

32 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, I thought the second was 2025, but if it's 2027, that's like 3 years away from now. 

Isn't that around the time, though, when OEL's cap hit goes to 4m? I wonder if that's going to bite us, I mean, it would be nice to have more draft picks, so we have more players on ELC to help offset that 4m OEL cap hit. 

I don't think the FO is too concerned right now about 2027 cap issues, they are clearly showing they're in "win now" mode (as they should be)...and the cap will continue to climb upward anyway, and a lot can change in the next 3 years (re cap accumulation), PA and JR have shown they can make the necessary moves in order to create flexibility (in order to facilitate the moves they want to make)

56 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Wow, if he goes for 11m. I think management has to pass. That's crazy to have TWO players on the roster with 11m. 

If the player is a young superstar when he signs the contract like Rantanen did, I wouldn't mind the $11 million contract, but at Guentzel's age. Yes it's too high.