(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Doesn't negate the fact that it exists. 

have you checked out the downtown eastside anytime in the last 30 years?

if you want to paint all of chicago with the brush of violence and criminality, you need to paint all of vancouver with the brush of addiction and homelessness. 

2 minutes ago, tas said:

not at all. 

Ya, not me. I sign a contract and completely fail on my end, I do the honourable thing and bow out gracefully. Knee or not. One goal in sixty games for a five million dollar NHLer is a embarrassing 

3 minutes ago, tas said:

so? how does being closer to a vacation spot benefit a hockey player during the hockey season?

chicago has better food, entertainment, nightlife, culture, etc. 

Fine, if your an indoors person. SanFran has all that as well. Beautiful spot.

Edited by Rekker

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Windy City. Nice nick name. Golden State vs Windy City says it all for me

some people take more than nicknames into consideration. 

6 minutes ago, tas said:

san jose is a lot more silicon valley than it is napa valley. chicago is a world class city. 

Chicago is far more a world class city than SJ or Vancouver. The city has a very decorated history and is the midwestern hub in the US. Huge and sprawling with a great cultural history, especially regarding electric blues and bebop. No doubt. They corner the market on deep dish pizza too. 

That being said, people I know who live there say that the social decay evident in the city makes all the great things about it harder to enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

have you checked out the downtown eastside anytime in the last 30 years?

if you want to paint all of chicago with the brush of violence and criminality, you need to paint all of vancouver with the brush of addiction and homelessness. 

And much more of Vancouver has fallen into social decay in the last 30 years. For sure. Not saying Vancouver is better at all. It definitely is not.

Just now, Rekker said:

Fine, if your an indoors person. 

thats like saying vancouver rains all the time so the weather sucks to be outdoors. 

I spent a week in chicago in november and the weather was a little chilly but gorgeous. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

And much more of Vancouver has fallen into social decay in the last 30 years. For sure. Not saying Vancouver is better at all. It definitely is not.

well you went the opposite direction there so I'll just say it more directly: all of chicago isn't a violent scary place. it's a normal enormous metropolitan city. 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Chicago is far more a world class city than SJ or Vancouver. The city has a very decorated history and is the midwestern hub in the US. Huge and sprawling with a great cultural history, especially regarding electric blues and bebop. No doubt. They corner the market on deep dish pizza too. 

That being said, people I know who live there say that the social decay evident in the city makes all the great things about it harder to enjoy. 

are they multimillionaires by chance? I think people with money get by just fine.  

Just now, tas said:

are they multimillionaires by chance? I think people with money get by just fine.  

Ya, would hate to be a multi millionaire in Golden State. Where would I eat, entertain myself? Challenging for sure. 

• Haha 4

Just now, Rekker said:

Ya, would hate to be a multi millionaire in Golden State. Where would I eat, entertain myself? Challenging for sure. 

they'd get by just fine there too, obviously, just fewer options, a lot less going on, different vibe. 

4 minutes ago, tas said:

well you went the opposite direction there so I'll just say it more directly: all of chicago isn't a violent scary place. it's a normal enormous metropolitan city. 

I didn’t. That’s your perception. 

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I didn’t. That’s your perception. 

in the sense that my point wasn't about vancouver being better or worse, just about the inaccuracies of making wide generalizations about cities. 

Just now, GrammaInTheTub said:

Debating locales - we need some more moves by management fast haha

Maybe we all grumpy waiting on a Zads signing. Maybe he goes to Chicago or SanJose......lol, had to say it.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Weird. I know the Bedard factor but both teams suck. I'd rather live in SanJose than Chicago. 

Chicago is great though and I'm not sure how much the property value is in Chicago but I assume it's cheaper than Northern California ?

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

It’s called a great trade because we clear 4 mil off the cap just before July 1. Adds bullets to the gun. 

As I said the only logical move was Mikheyev going the goal is to improve not move laterally 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Chicago needs Mrs O'Leary's cow to kick over a lantern again ... 🤪

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1

IF you understand that there are things in this thread worth considering then you understand everything and you understand nothing, but between the extremes there are many things out there to be understood, which knowledge can be obtained in a series of holy readings and singings and sermons in the valley of the shadow of death; and, having read this thread, are you feeling the enlightenment which you should be feeling, for if you are not feeling it, then there must be something wrong, and it has nothing to do with the moon being in the seventh house or Sagittarius firing arrows at Uranus, no, it can all be found in the phone book!

I dare you to find anything meaningful in that. I dare you.

Ya, I got nothing better to do right now than drink a few pints and read this forum. Well I do actually but I told my boss to go fuck himself and went down to the local establishment for a pint or two. Did I mention I am self employed?

No one better forward this to my wife ... 😜😝

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

19 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Whatever the plan they have, they are confident enough to eat 15% on Ilya salary. 

As for which guys they will get, will wait and see. 

This management has been fun for fans from day 1.   Major surgery successful last summer and now they are building a cup contender.  No more boring Canucks. 

How is dumping going today??????

• Haha 1